A change after 20+ years

Posted by Reviewer2505428 on Feb 06, 2013

Used to be one of my favorites but the ingredients have changed drastically. I'm disappointed in Aubrey.

so far so good

Posted by 4666999507814010703 on Apr 15, 2015

To everyone who are complaining about this shampoo!!!!!! You have to give it a time and be patient. First 2 weeks my hair had to get used to this shampoo. My hair were greasy and dull after washing and I've almost gave up on it but somehow I've continued washing my hair and -boom- all of sudden it started to work and I'm really happy with this product!!!! It can only means this shampoo actually works as your hair have to really get used to it . So -don't give up! it would take up to 10 washes I think. I must say that my hair is thin and tend to get oily really fast but now it's really ok. I think this shampoo is one of the best although I wonder why does it lather so much if it's natural. Hmm. Doesn't make sense at all. No particular smell or anything so I'm giving 5 stars. Thank you xo

Smells divine but has some drawbacks

Posted by Reviewer2077277 on Oct 30, 2010

I should preface this review by saying that my husband loves this shampoo, and that's why I've given it a 4 star rating. Based on my own experience, I'd give it a 2 star rating. What I like best about it is the scent. If you're used to detergent shampoos that have a lot of lather, you might not like this. Even though it doesn't lather up much, it does clean your hair very well. The problem, for me, is that it is a bit drying (surprising for a shampoo that's formulated for dry, brittle hair) and seems to leave my hair coated with a strange feeling film. It also leaves my hair in knots if I don't follow up with a conditioner. The matching conditioner isn't very conditioning, in my opinion. I have an oily scalp and need to wash my hair every day, especially in the summer, but with this shampoo I can easily skip a day. I've used this shampoo both on virgin hair and on color-treated hair, and the results were the same.

Honeysuckle

Posted by Reviewer1862556 on May 08, 2009

I get a rash from this shampoo.

Not so great

Posted by Reviewer1497767 on Mar 01, 2010

Has a weird consistency and doesn't bubble up.

Terrible and Not Moisturizing Shampoo

Posted by Reviewer2812867 on Dec 23, 2013

It left my hair like straw and not moisturizing at all. They changed the formula a few years back, and I DO NOT LIKE this product at all now. I think iHerb should re-rate and take out the previous reviews based on old and much different formula than this terrible current one. It used to be a lot more moisturizing, soap based shamoo, now they use synthetic agent (it is derived from natural source, much different chemical structure...), and Aubrey really needs to rethink the formula to make it better. I would never buy this again, as it left my hair as very dry and never moisturizing. I reviewed this on Makeup Alley website and it is rated 3 out of 5...and 50% of the people would ever repurchase the product...well it is really low rated, and would never ever purchase this item again. Stay away and do not buy, buy something else better for the same amount or cheaper!!

Mo Body

Posted by Reviewer3053514 on Apr 05, 2008

For more body try the white camelia shampoo. this one is good for healthy hair

meh

Posted by Reviewer3020750 on Sep 17, 2008

I really love the HSR conditioner, but this isn't a great shampoo. It's not the worst sulphate free shampoo I've used, and it does an okay job cleaning my hair/scalp, but it's very hard to work with. It doesn't lather much, and I have to use a lot of product to really clean. I've taken to mixing it with a dab of baby shampoo, and that helps, but I won't be purchasing it again. I will try another sulphate free shampoo like Beauty w/o Cruelty daily shampoo or Giovanni tea tree shampoo.

Disappointing

Posted by Reviewer2239491 on Aug 09, 2011

I'm sorry to say but I was really disappointed with this shampoo. I thought it was going to smell as good as the conditioner but actually it doesn't have any good smell at all. Anyway it definitely suds up better than the other Aubrey shampoo I was using but still not enough. Love the conditioner though it's awesome and smells great!!

Great smell!

Posted by MentaPiperita on Mar 07, 2013

The best thing about this shampoo is the smell, I love it!. Plus, it leaves my hair very shiny and soft, it just looks so healthy. I'm very happy with it and I will buy again.