great stuff

Posted by ledenec on Aug 02, 2013

my hair like it very much

so far so good

Posted by 4666999507814010703 on Apr 15, 2015

To everyone who are complaining about this shampoo!!!!!! You have to give it a time and be patient. First 2 weeks my hair had to get used to this shampoo. My hair were greasy and dull after washing and I've almost gave up on it but somehow I've continued washing my hair and -boom- all of sudden it started to work and I'm really happy with this product!!!! It can only means this shampoo actually works as your hair have to really get used to it . So -don't give up! it would take up to 10 washes I think. I must say that my hair is thin and tend to get oily really fast but now it's really ok. I think this shampoo is one of the best although I wonder why does it lather so much if it's natural. Hmm. Doesn't make sense at all. No particular smell or anything so I'm giving 5 stars. Thank you xo

Smells divine but has some drawbacks

Posted by Reviewer2077277 on Oct 30, 2010

I should preface this review by saying that my husband loves this shampoo, and that's why I've given it a 4 star rating. Based on my own experience, I'd give it a 2 star rating. What I like best about it is the scent. If you're used to detergent shampoos that have a lot of lather, you might not like this. Even though it doesn't lather up much, it does clean your hair very well. The problem, for me, is that it is a bit drying (surprising for a shampoo that's formulated for dry, brittle hair) and seems to leave my hair coated with a strange feeling film. It also leaves my hair in knots if I don't follow up with a conditioner. The matching conditioner isn't very conditioning, in my opinion. I have an oily scalp and need to wash my hair every day, especially in the summer, but with this shampoo I can easily skip a day. I've used this shampoo both on virgin hair and on color-treated hair, and the results were the same.

great smell

Posted by Reviewer2344326 on Mar 05, 2010

used with conditioner of same name, not a bad combo but found they left my hair feeling alittle heavy. took some effort and extra shampoo to get it to lather.

Honeysuckle

Posted by Reviewer1862556 on May 08, 2009

I get a rash from this shampoo.

Terrible and Not Moisturizing Shampoo

Posted by Reviewer2812867 on Dec 23, 2013

It left my hair like straw and not moisturizing at all. They changed the formula a few years back, and I DO NOT LIKE this product at all now. I think iHerb should re-rate and take out the previous reviews based on old and much different formula than this terrible current one. It used to be a lot more moisturizing, soap based shamoo, now they use synthetic agent (it is derived from natural source, much different chemical structure...), and Aubrey really needs to rethink the formula to make it better. I would never buy this again, as it left my hair as very dry and never moisturizing. I reviewed this on Makeup Alley website and it is rated 3 out of 5...and 50% of the people would ever repurchase the product...well it is really low rated, and would never ever purchase this item again. Stay away and do not buy, buy something else better for the same amount or cheaper!!

great shampoo

Posted by 5398901477526196010 on May 14, 2016

Great shampoo for my dry hair. I had to get used to the smell a bit but since I usually follow it up with the conditioner that smells gorgeous that's not a dealbreaker for me.

Mo Body

Posted by Reviewer3053514 on Apr 05, 2008

For more body try the white camelia shampoo. this one is good for healthy hair

meh

Posted by Reviewer3020750 on Sep 17, 2008

I really love the HSR conditioner, but this isn't a great shampoo. It's not the worst sulphate free shampoo I've used, and it does an okay job cleaning my hair/scalp, but it's very hard to work with. It doesn't lather much, and I have to use a lot of product to really clean. I've taken to mixing it with a dab of baby shampoo, and that helps, but I won't be purchasing it again. I will try another sulphate free shampoo like Beauty w/o Cruelty daily shampoo or Giovanni tea tree shampoo.

STRONG Shampoo

Posted by MisterCurl on Jun 06, 2016

I ordered this shampoo since I have curly hair that gets dry and needs moisturizing. It is labeled Moisture intensive and Dry hair. Okay. This may be for me. So I purchased it since it was on sale and I hadn't bought a product labeled a shampoo in probably 7 months. Upon opening the package and the shampoo, the smell is quite strong. It sounded very watery and I thought it just might leave my hair moisturized. The moment I rubbed it between my hands and put it on my hair, it became VERY rough. I normally use Dr. Bronner's liquid soap and I can sorta run my fingers through my hair. This legitimately stripped the life outta my hair. I couldn't WAIT to use one of my conditioners. Luckily the smell doesn't stay in your hair and it didn't create as big of a lather as a sulfate shampoo. While it is a very potent shampoo, I definitely think it is a great product for removing product build-up and cleansing the hair. I suggest it be diluted in a bottle with water and put in a foaming bottle. This will help you use less product and strip hair less since it is so strong. And after using, follow up with a deep conditioner. I got this during a sale for about $3 and I'm not really sure if I will buy it again since it is a $10 shampoo that isn't very moisturizing. But it definitely cleaned my hair which I'm happy about. If you want a strong shampoo, I suggest you buy this. And if you have natural curly hair like myself, you can make a cleansing co-wash by mixing this with a cheap, CG approved conditioner (silicone, sulfate, paraben free). Good luck naturals :D