Aura Cacia, 100% Pure Essential Oil, Vetiver, .5 fl oz (15 ml)

Dont use too much!

Posted by Reviewer3046934 From Utah on Apr 18, 2010

I'm not going to slam this product...I just used too much. I took 3-4 cups of sunflower oil and mixed in 20 drops of Neroli and 10 drops of Vetiver. All I smell is Vetiver. It is the smell of something burning. So when you hear that it is "grounding", the scent is really that of char to me. Next time I will add maybe only 3 drops to the same amount of sunflower oil. I am completely new to essential oils so it's likely my fault. Most recipes call for 1 or 2 drops of essential oils mixed with a teaspoon of oil...which is crazy. That's about enough for two elbows. I thought that 20 and 10 drops would be fine for 3-4 cups of oil, but I was wrong. Like some food recipes, just because you are tripling the recipe doesnt mean you should triple the spices.....

Beautiful heady aroma

Posted by drewmastro From Australia on Jun 25, 2013

I haven't tried many brands of this oil so I can't go out on a limb and say it is amazing, however this has such a resonant, woody scent and I have fallen in love with it! It has rejuvenating properties so I've added it both to my face and body oil blends with good results- it does tone and rejuvenate the skin. For aromatherapy- this blends beautifully with Bergamot.

Best!

Posted by Reviewer1229182 From California on Nov 07, 2009

I love this stuff. Mixed with Neroli, it is a great deodorant. Vetiver comes from a grass in the lemon grass family. Its fragrance is similar to, but less pungent than, patchouli.

Aura Cacia Vetiver

Posted by Reviewer1597685 From New Jersey on Feb 19, 2010

I Love Aura Cacia's Vetiver!!! I have used several different brands and find this one to be quite good. This essential oil can be used for grounding, arthritis, ADD/ADHD and many, many other uses I know of --- and have seen it work sucessfully. I find that all of the prices on iHerb are by far the best compared to other websites.

vetiver oil