The Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS) give it a failing grade

Posted by Reviewer2466313 on Apr 13, 2011

I've happily been using Jason's Power Smile toothpaste for years and thought I'd try something new. Based on the glowing reviews for the Auromere I bought a tube. I guess I hadn't paid attention to the fact that it had SLS listed among its many ingredients on the iHerb page. ---------------->2-14-2014 - Here is a reply we received from Auromere regarding SLS: " We are aware of controversy about theSodium Lauryl Sulfate ingredient, which can be derived from coconut oil (as in our case) or chemically created. In the small amount it is used in the toothpaste product however, it is safe and effective as a foaming agent which helps to spread the toothpaste between all the crevices of the teeth and gums, and allows the active herbal ingredients in the toothpaste to be present longer during brushing. Without a foaming agent, the toothpaste melts away a bit faster when you start brushing. You may be interested to note that a lot of the claims made against SLS have been debunked by Environmental Magazine, the American Cancer Society and other doctors. Hundreds of thousands of customers use the Fresh Mint toothpaste regularly without incident. If however, someone is sensitive or allergic to SLS, they would still be sensitive whether it is derived from coconut oil or created chemically. In that case only it would show up like a rash in the inside of the mouth. For people who are sensitive (or want to avoid this ingredient), we do have the Foam-free option (which iHerb carries too - ARM-20005 ).

contains SLS

Posted by 4694064749721744211 on Mar 20, 2014

SLS makes my mouth and lips extra dry.What is the point of making paraben and fluoride free pase if you'll keep SLS.

Auromere herbal toothpaste, fresh mint

Posted by Reviewer2809615 on May 25, 2011

This has a mild mint flavor, but the licorice flavor is quite strong and overpowering. Since I do not like licorice at all, I won't be using this.

Terrible taste

Posted by Babycakes on Aug 20, 2015

Tastes like licorice and cloves. It doesn't whiten teeth nor helps with bleeding gums. Doesn't freshen breath much either. No one in my family liked it. The only plus was that it foamed very well and tube lasted long time, BUT it's because it contains SLS. Got it only because it was free.

Package not delivered

Posted by Reviewer1081887 on Apr 24, 2015

This is not about the product. It is about the staff at Iherb. The package was not delivered by delivering it to my old address. The staff lied saying I did not provide my new address. However, I provided my new address. Somehow the system has my new address only for billing. The point is the staff lied saying I provided my old address. If that is true, how come the system has my new address for billing?

Contains Sodium Lauryl Sulfate

Posted by Reviewer1423498 on Jul 19, 2016

Doesn't matter if part is derived from coconut oil, this is still a skin irritant. It made my face break out around my mouth, as sodium lauryl sulfate does.

Licorice/fennel - very strong

Posted by 5466531723069594971 on Jul 25, 2016

even though it says fresh mint, this has very, very strong licorice/fennel flavour, so if you're not a fan - beware! you'll suffer!!!! The texture is very sandy, chalky. I normally like it in a toothpaste, when it feels a little powdery/abrasive. But this is something, it is VERY sandy. Just feels weird. Lastly, it's beigy-brown in color. Just so you know.

Poor quality, not worth it. Way too expensive!!!

Posted by 5739106520054608730 on Dec 12, 2014

The ONLY thing that is nice about it, it's the colorful box (package) that this toothpaste is in. You can call Auromere or whatever you want, it's still just a very ordinary toothpaste. The mint taste? Not that I am aware of it. The paste looks awful and it's not cleaning the teeth good at all. I do NOT believe in all those positive reviews here. Because the toothpaste is made in India, I am sure that most of so called "positive" reviews are fake and made by company's "friends". Summarizing, this product is not worth more than maybe $0.75. But that's just my opinion.

Would not recommend it at all

Posted by 5087983432956224835 on Aug 01, 2016

Because it has sodium laurel sulfate that is used in most everything that suds including when they wash streets! Am shocked that this product is on a herbal site! Tried to return it and get a refund but no one wrote me back.

it taste bad

Posted by 5609041720564930698 on Aug 17, 2016

I didn't like the taste I won't buy it again

« Previous | 1 2 3 | Next »