Auromere, Herbal Toothpaste, Fresh Mint, 4.16 oz (75 ml/117 g)

Nice Enough, but for the SLS

Posted by HawaiianViking From Hawaii on Feb 04, 2013

The Positives: I like this product's mix of herbal and mineral ingredients; Some people have commented that the taste of "Licorice" is overpowering, but I don't find it so; The price is good and it's certified cruelty free. The Negatives: With the obvious thought and care that's gone in to this product's formulation, it's beyond me why they would include Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS); While SLS produces foaming action, it's not necessary in this case, and it causes the inside of my mouth to "peel" and causes some people to develop oral lesions/cankers. I would probably buy this product more often and rate it more highly if the SLS were to be deleted.

The Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS) give it a failing grade

Posted by Reviewer2466313 From California on Apr 13, 2011

I've happily been using Jason's Power Smile toothpaste for years and thought I'd try something new. Based on the glowing reviews for the Auromere I bought a tube. I guess I hadn't paid attention to the fact that it had SLS listed among its many ingredients on the iHerb page. ---------------->2-14-2014 - Here is a reply we received from Auromere regarding SLS: " We are aware of controversy about theSodium Lauryl Sulfate ingredient, which can be derived from coconut oil (as in our case) or chemically created. In the small amount it is used in the toothpaste product however, it is safe and effective as a foaming agent which helps to spread the toothpaste between all the crevices of the teeth and gums, and allows the active herbal ingredients in the toothpaste to be present longer during brushing. Without a foaming agent, the toothpaste melts away a bit faster when you start brushing. You may be interested to note that a lot of the claims made against SLS have been debunked by Environmental Magazine, the American Cancer Society and other doctors. Hundreds of thousands of customers use the Fresh Mint toothpaste regularly without incident. If however, someone is sensitive or allergic to SLS, they would still be sensitive whether it is derived from coconut oil or created chemically. In that case only it would show up like a rash in the inside of the mouth. For people who are sensitive (or want to avoid this ingredient), we do have the Foam-free option (which iHerb carries too - ARM-20005 ).

Teeth and mouth feel clean and fresh 8 hours later!

Posted by Reviewer3214196 From Great Britain on Sep 05, 2013

Amazing stuff, that actually works :-) The taste is so unusual, mild, minty-fresh, without being overpowering, with subtle tones of licorice, cinnamon and all other kinds of zingly herbal goodness! You can actually feel the toothpaste working as you brush, it makes your gums feel super-clean, your teeth sparkle, have the squeaky-clean feeling and the subtle flavours are just stunning. I was looking for a natural tooth paste without nasty saccharin or other artificial sweeteners, and I've found it. It also has no fluoride. I have to say, quite honestly, that this is the best toothpaste I have ever used in my life! The freshness that it leaves in your mouth many hours later is subtle, but "there" and your teeth still fell so incredibly clean and zingy as if you'd just brushed your teeth a few minutes ago. It doesn't overpower the taste of coffee or food, it almost takes a step back while you're eating and drinking and then subtly pops back up to let you know it's still helping keep your mouth clean in between brushing. Incredible stuff. Can you tell that I'm seriously impressed! :-) I've just logged into iHerb from the UK and ordered 2 packs as it's actually cheaper to order from here, even with shipping than it would be to buy 2 packs from a store in the UK! (Plus I added some shampoo, tribulus and lip balm and incredibly it was STILL cheaper (with DHL express) than here in the UK for 2 tubes! Buy some today, you won't regret it!

Effective AND Healthy

Posted by Reviewer1468863 From Georgia on Oct 23, 2009

I've been using this brand of toothpaste for over a year and I don't think I'll ever go back to the grocery store name brands. My teeth and gums are healthier says my dental hygeinist.I don't have plaque build-up and my teeth stay white even though i drink coffee and tea! Plus I feel better using a natural product. I would recommend this toothpaste to anyone.

Awesome Product! Great Customer Service!

Posted by Reviewer3286492 From New Jersey on Jan 13, 2009

I tried Auromere Fresh Mint toothpaste after a co-worker recommended it. At first I was skeptical because I was used to white toothpaste and the brown color of the Auromere was so strange. However, it works 100 times better then the "name brand" toothpaste that I was used to and I will NEVER use that "name brand" toothpaste again. iHerb shipped my package as promised in great condition and I plan to use them from here on in. I 100% recommend Auromere Fresh Mint Herbal Toothpaste and iHerb!