Not so good as its old version!!!

Posted by GoodLife on Jun 29, 2013

I very liked this shampoo, my hair got stronger and healthier. But, its old version was better, now I’ don’t see these good effects, because this shampoo has a new formula (more chemical), and I prefer another natural shampoo with biotin, which I buy here too. **** If my review was helpful for You, please click "YES", thank You. Also You can visit my page to read my other reviews*****************

Not that I expected

Posted by 4634708341777734367 on Dec 03, 2012

Having read lots of positive reviews I ordered this best selling shampoo for the 1st time and was bitterly disappointed. I have generally normal hair with dry ends and a bit greasy roots. After shampooing, my hair is pretty much dried out and roots are very greasy on the 2nd day that never happened with any shampoo I've ever tried before. Looks like new formula works vice-a versa - instead of cleaning greasy roots it dries hair ends and adds unwanted nourishment to the roots. Would only buy it again if the old formula will be returned.

Old Formula was Much Better.

Posted by mehmetgok on Nov 02, 2013

My family used this product for years. I recently re-ordered and to my amazement this week, it does not feel the same at all. It used to make our hair thicker and when I checked the bottle I noticed the New Formula label. This is a huge failure compared to old formula really. I will order Kiss My Face next time. I started using iHerb to be my own doctor and overwhelm my health issues instead of being overwhelmed by them. Check out my iHerb page for my progress and more reviews on various supplements, beauty and grocery products.

Not what expected...

Posted by Biomedhealth on Jan 28, 2013

Based on recent reviews - looks like they have changed ingredients and it is not what I was expecting...Hair is dry and use of conditioner is a must - otherwise I can not comb out my hair...Won't buy it again...

New "More Sustainable" equals more Watered Down

Posted by Reviewer1326839 on May 13, 2012

This stuff used to be my favorite product at iHerb. It's iHerbs biggest seller. Now Avalon Organics have totally changed the formula for the worse. You could hold the previous shampoo upside down and none would come out unless you squeezed on the bottle. Now it flows out like a river. It's watered down and the price is up. It takes a lot more shampoo to work up a decent lather now. And I don't like the new fragrance.

I wish it worked!

Posted by 4618639085835997766 on Sep 12, 2013

I loved the idea, I love the smell, I wish so badly this shampoo would work for me, but it didn't. At the beginning, things were great with me and this shampoo. I used it every day, the fact that it was difficult to apply ( seeing as it doesn't foam, because there are no foaming agents etc...) was ok, because I thought hey, at least I don't have anything abnormal in the shampoo that I really don't need. Then after a couple of weeks, I realized that things were going downhill. My scalp felt dirty and sticky all the time, and I never felt like my hair was truly clean. In the last days of use, my hair felt completely dried out. It was so difficult to manage, I ended up wearing my hair in a bun for days on end. My hair is naturally curly and is color treated as well, so that didn't really help either. As far as the thickening component of this shampoo is concerned, it did nothing for my hair loss either, so that's that(if anything my hair was thinning because of all the stress I applied to at least comb through it once a week!). Things got so bad that I ended up going to a store and buying my old salon brand, and although I felt bad and guilty and horrible for going back to that chemical factory of a shampoo, at least I can comb my hair, it's manageable, and I don't look like a mess when I step outside the door. Now this gloriously good smelling shampoo just sits there in my shower, waiting in line for my significant other to use and finish in his own sweet time. Hopefully it will work for you, but for curly and color treated hair, I would steer clear.

Ok

Posted by 5360457800681881950 on Jan 28, 2015

Dries my hair out alot

no improvement

Posted by 4645505516054383902 on Aug 06, 2016

used it for more than 2 months with no improvement..

Very average

Posted by 5180961163844183990 on Apr 24, 2016

Previously used the Madre Labs hair thickening shampoo, I gave this one a go because the Madre Labs was out of stock. I didn't get the same results with this one... Sorry but I wont be re-ordering this one again..

first time user

Posted by 4826370195855185384 on Jun 12, 2016

Been using this product for about 2 weeks and it's making my hair really dry. My hair gets tangled so easy and it feels like the roots are drying out alot (aswell as my scalp).