NOT THE SAME AS THE OLD VERSION

Posted by Reviewer1914715 on Oct 31, 2012

I have used this for two years and thought it was the best on the market for giving thick full bodied hair. When I got the new version I didn't pay much attention except for after I used it the first time the results were terrible. My hair is now fine and does not look thick when I use this "new sustainable" version. You will be very disappointed. I recommened everyone get on the Avalon Organics Website and let them know they have created a very mediocre product. They need to redo it so we get the results as the old version. Do not buy this. It's bad.

New formula a huge disappointment

Posted by Reviewer1490395 on Jul 21, 2012

I totally agree with the adjacent review. I liked the previous formula, but this new formula does not moisturize whatsoever, and I find it difficult to work through my hair. I am looking for a replacement now.

Not so good as its old version!!!

Posted by GoodLife on Jun 29, 2013

I very liked this shampoo, my hair got stronger and healthier. But, its old version was better, now I’ don’t see these good effects, because this shampoo has a new formula (more chemical), and I prefer another natural shampoo with biotin, which I buy here too. **** If my review was helpful for You, please click "YES", thank You. Also You can visit my page to read my other reviews*****************

Beware--may cause your hair to fall out!

Posted by SilverStars on Jul 14, 2012

It seems most of the glowing reviews of this product are based on its previous formula which was changed a few months ago! I wish I had read the negative ones before buying. During the first few times of using it hair felt somewhat dry while still wet, but after blow-drying it looked very full and shiny. A week later it started to feel and look very dry along the length, but the roots would look oily already on the second day. Another week on and my hair started to fall out, more and more after every wash!! Needless to say the rest of the bottle went in the bin! Still trying to reverse the effects...

Don't waste money buying this product!

Posted by Supplementsdiy on Nov 17, 2013

I bought this to the many positive reviews. It isn’t too expensive and appears to be free of synthetic fragrances, phthalates, harsh sulfates or parabens. It smells pretty nice with a nice citrus smell. It does not lather very well. After using this for a while, my scalp itches like crazy and I got dandruff. Looking closer at the ingredients, you will realise that there are many other chemicals in there. For example, there are sodium benzoate which reacts with vitamin c to form benzene, a known carcinogens, potas sium sorbate, a preservative and many other unknown chemicals which I can’t even read or bother to know further. The most important is that it uses sodium coco-sulfate which is the same chemical formula as sodium lauryl sulfate (google it and you can easily find it). Definately will not recommend this product to anyone who want a chemical free product. Aubrey organics is the only brand that appears to be chemical free. Check out my page for more reviews!

Ohhhh, it changed

Posted by Reviewer3336796 on Dec 11, 2012

I am so dissapointed, I bought it for my mom after years of using it, even if I live in Spain I managed to buy it in my visits to US or ordering it. Now, it changed and our scalps burn. We moved to Biotene, but I still prefer the old Avalon version. Please, change it again.

Not good for the hair and scalp

Posted by Reviewer1193655 on Apr 19, 2012

I have been using this shampoo for a long time now, so I can write a review and talk about the results ON MYSELF. First of all, this is truly an organic shampoo, free of sulfates and toxic products. It is made mostly from natural ingredients. So this is a plus. On the other hand, I didn't see any thickening results. My scalp gets irritated every time I use it and I have noticed intense hair loss. Of course, this could by caused by 100 other reasons, but I think it is because it makes my hair so messy and unruly and it is difficult to comb them. Personally speaking, it is one of the worst shampoos I have ever used.

did not like it at all...

Posted by olyamozh on Oct 04, 2012

I was fooled by all those great reviews and even bought 2 bottles... but this product is a complete disappointment. Ive got thin hair, and this product made it tangle more. And there is a strange effect after using it, my hair feels like straw, only using conditioner helps to iprove it, but I cant brush it properly even after that. I think it will help mostly people with shorter hair like my Mom, she says she likes it

Give this shampoo a try !

Posted by vinetu28 on Dec 25, 2014

If you are experience hair loss or you want healthy hair than give this shampoo a try.I searched for weeks for products to help. I came across this shampoo and read all the reviews, and compared it to other product reviews with similar claims.I settled on Avalon Organics because they are well known in the organic world, and their ingredient list is always impressive. But, I was skeptical. I used this shampoo for the first time today and LOVED it! After using this shampoo for 2 weeks I noticed that my hair loss has significantly decreased. With less hair falling out, I would certainly say that my hair is able to "thicken", not on an individual strand level, but overall my head of hair is thicker. Best of all, this shampoo does not give me little red bumps on my scalp. No more itchy scalp. I love that the range is natural and organic with all products containing at least 70% organic content, without synthetic fragrances, Phthalates, sulfates or parabens. Surely, should be noted that it is made with a complex of B vitamins - biotin, niacin and panthenol, that nourish the hair and increased scalp circulation and stimulation of hair follicles.Further more, the shampoo is fortified with saw palmetto and wheat protein that help control hair loss, aloe and jojoba that nourishing the hair and many others useful ingredients. This shampoo smells herbal a little like lavender and just slightly medicinal to me, but nothing that was overpowering or would make me stop using it - very faint scent overall and the scent doesn't linger.I did notice it doesn't lather like normal shampoo, but this is probably due to the lack of chemical ingredients found in other shampoos to make them lather so well. But it felt wonderful on my hair and rinsed super clean.I styled my hair as usual, and found an impressive amount of volume compared to the last few weeks.I've received compliments on how healthy my hair looks from multiple people, and I will definitely be buying this again. If you found my reviews helpful, consider indicating that by clicking on the "YES" button. Also please click my username Vinetu28 at the top of this review (blue text) to visit my profile and learn more, thanks!

A great product in my opinion...

Posted by 5253233303397138649 on May 17, 2014

A lot of reviewers have been recently saying a lot of negative remarks about this product, and a lot of it is related to the comparison of the old formula and the new formula. I have not tried the old formula, and therefore my review is based on using the product as is presently. First and foremost, I wash my hair everyday because I have thin hair and my scalp gets oily within 24 hours after washing it. During the past month, I have had a very irritated scalp from a bad reaction from using another shampoo product. Therefore, I had a bit of hair loss near the back of my scalp. I was a bit skeptical trying this product because of all the negative reviews, but decided to give it a go (actually, I bought it BEFORE reading the reviews :p). After the first use, I felt my hair was thicker and my scalp felt a lot healthier, and the irritation was going away. I'm not so sure if it has made my hair grow at all, but it definitely feels like I have more than I used to (thickening side effect). The only downside to this product is that it is not moisturizing at all, which is actually not a problem for me but may be for others. My hair is very tackled after I use the shampoo and the conditioner in the same line doesn't help either. I use a treatment for my hair every once in awhile and my hair seems to be managing. It doesnt dry out my hair crazily, but it also doesnt moisturize it as well. Overall, I enjoy using this shampoo and would repurchase it again.