Seems to leave skin dry- not a great moisturizer

Posted by Reviewer1720767 on Feb 15, 2009

I love the smell - I have the cleanser which I really love. But this product does not seems to be great for my skin -- it seems to do very little in 'helping' with my wrinkles.

Not good, for me anyway

Posted by Reviewer1897275 on Nov 02, 2010

Was looking forward to trying something different, I usually use Olay Regenerist for my facial lotion. However, this product caused red, rough patches to show up around my mouth and on my left cheekbone. Stopped using it, went back to Regenerist and in a few days it went away. My skin is sensitive though, and it looks like this is a great product for many but just wanted to share my experience.

Avalon ORGANICS, Co Enzyme Q10 Wrinkle Defense Creme

Posted by Reviewer2209585 on Feb 07, 2009

I love this stuff. It hydrates my skin so wonderfully and the effects last all day. I even bought some for my 83 year old Mom who also loves it. It just makes old skin feel so soft and supple, it's hard to put into words how good your skin feels.

marmitch

Posted by Reviewer2969973 on Sep 06, 2008

i tried the Avalon Or. Co En. Q10 wrinkle defense serum and loved it, so thought I'd give this a try. It is a very nice product that smoothes on easily, is good under makeup and after you wash your face at night before bed. Good stuff.

Loved the original formulation but hesitant about the new one

Posted by Reviewer1353961 on Nov 27, 2012

First of all, my review is about the original formulation that I got a while back, when it still contained mostly natural ingredients and without the SPF. Especially for that price, I loved how it soothed and lightly moisterized my hyper-sensitive, dehydrated and very break-out prone skin. Lovely texture and light, pleasant fragrance. It was good for both day and night, to wear under makeup or along with other more potent serums or oils. Not too watery or greasy. The above qualities sound simple and yet most products, be it low-end or higher end, tend to either break me out, even though I already limit myself to those that claim to be non-comedogenic, or are too light or greasy, sting or too offensive in smell. To me, this cream (again, the old formulation) was like a much more potent but cost-effective version of La Roche Posay's Hydraphase Intense, one of the very few products that moisterize well without breaking me out. I don't see any drastic anti-aging results, but then, given the wonderful list of ingredients, I was happy to re-purchase knowing that I am likely treating my skin well with this product. However, seeing all the negative online comments about the new formula with the SPF, I am sad to say that I won't be getting it for now. I also looked at the ingredient list of the night cream, and seeing all the chemicals high on the ingredient list, I think I will pass on that one too. It's too bad about the reformulation. Besides, SPF 15 is really inadequate for any sun protection these days. I would really rather Avalon be raising their selling price if they were finding the cost too prohibitive to continue with the original formula with all those wonderful ingredients, instead of substituting with cheaper ingredients. It WAS a wonderful product.

not impressed

Posted by Reviewer1292319 on Apr 14, 2007

I have dry skin and live in the northeast. The product is light feeling, but almost feels like "the emperor's new lotion". When I rub the extra on my hands they feel a little chalky. I always have to put another cream on top of the CoQ10 on my face so that it feels moisturized. Maybe the product is more beneficial if you are living in a different climate or have a different skin type.

great product

Posted by Reviewer1181272 on Sep 09, 2008

love this stuff smooths out lines on my chest and works well on face

very good product

Posted by Reviewer1242553 on Feb 22, 2009

Light moisture with a mild natural lavender fragrance that doesn't linger. I'll gladly purchase it again.

WOW

Posted by Reviewer2236265 on Jul 05, 2012

I've been using the face wash from Avalon for years now (interchangeably with a couple other favorites). It is one of the few washes that doesn't cause my skin to break out. I don't know why it has taken me this long to discover their wrinkle creme. This stuff is great; it minimizes the fine lines under my eyes, leaves my skin smooth and taut, without causing the break outs my skin is so prone to.

Miraculous Creme

Posted by Reviewer1883436 on Aug 26, 2010

I liked very much the Co Enzyme Q10 Wrinkle Defense Crème. It’s very snazzy and includes only natural ingredients. My skin after this crème was elastic, soft and tender.This product includes the healing and only natural ingredients. I am highly pleased with this Crème!