Goes on smoothly

Posted by Reviewer1830355 on Jul 16, 2013

Good ingredients for a daily SPF. Have used one week and have been pleased

Not good

Posted by Reviewer1208339 on Jul 06, 2013

Is so difficult to spread out the face. and so difficult to pump up the product. need to open up and dig it out. Do not see any improvement

Just sun screen

Posted by Reviewer1486159 on Jan 09, 2013

I hoped that this would be my new day cream but that didn't work out. This cream is not moisturising at all. It's like any other sun screen, it leaves a greasy film and a white cast. I use it on top of other face creams. I still believe that it contains good ingredients, but it's quite pricey for a sun screen with low spf.

Looks pale on Light to Medium Brown skin complexion

Posted by Reviewer2729324 on Nov 28, 2012

I am a 30 years old African lady with a light to medium brown skin. Though I have a wrinkle free face actually I have always had comments on how great is my skin even from strangers once they know my age. I thought of adding this cream to my wrinkle defense regimen but I did not like how this cream adds an obvious lighter colour to my face instead of blending smoothly. It is too thick as well for an even application so I had to put a lot which apparently gave me more of the undesired lighter effect then I figured that I can mix it with another cream (I used Olay or St Ives collagen cream) and results been on and off depending on the amount squeezed out of the bottle. Such a pain in the neck. Also it has a strong smells that didnt appeal to me so I cant wait till I finish this bottle. I gave it two stars because my face does look smoother after applying it but to be honest thats how my face looks with ANY moisturizing cream I apply. Not a huge difference. Anyway, definitely wont order again.

Loved the original formulation but hesitant about the new one

Posted by Reviewer1353961 on Nov 27, 2012

First of all, my review is about the original formulation that I got a while back, when it still contained mostly natural ingredients and without the SPF. Especially for that price, I loved how it soothed and lightly moisterized my hyper-sensitive, dehydrated and very break-out prone skin. Lovely texture and light, pleasant fragrance. It was good for both day and night, to wear under makeup or along with other more potent serums or oils. Not too watery or greasy. The above qualities sound simple and yet most products, be it low-end or higher end, tend to either break me out, even though I already limit myself to those that claim to be non-comedogenic, or are too light or greasy, sting or too offensive in smell. To me, this cream (again, the old formulation) was like a much more potent but cost-effective version of La Roche Posay's Hydraphase Intense, one of the very few products that moisterize well without breaking me out. I don't see any drastic anti-aging results, but then, given the wonderful list of ingredients, I was happy to re-purchase knowing that I am likely treating my skin well with this product. However, seeing all the negative online comments about the new formula with the SPF, I am sad to say that I won't be getting it for now. I also looked at the ingredient list of the night cream, and seeing all the chemicals high on the ingredient list, I think I will pass on that one too. It's too bad about the reformulation. Besides, SPF 15 is really inadequate for any sun protection these days. I would really rather Avalon be raising their selling price if they were finding the cost too prohibitive to continue with the original formula with all those wonderful ingredients, instead of substituting with cheaper ingredients. It WAS a wonderful product.

Nice

Posted by Reviewer2768164 on Oct 30, 2012

Skin feels tightened...

Great!

Posted by Reviewer1876239 on Oct 21, 2012

I put this on every night after my bath. I hasn't made me into a youthful beauty, but it seems to work and is non-oily.

good

Posted by Reviewer2387245 on Oct 13, 2012

good but the texture is very light for my skin

I like it

Posted by Reviewer2152165 on Oct 09, 2012

It is a very nice product, the color is nature, smoothes on easily.

Not super

Posted by Reviewer2929100 on Sep 28, 2012

Cream is a bit greasy, not for summer. I guess it will be good for winter. I don't like to use it under make up.