Avalon Organics, Extra Moisturizing Shampoo, Olive & Grape Seed, Fragrance Free, 11 fl oz (325 ml)

Loving Au Naturale

Posted by Reviewer1479485 From New York on Jan 01, 2009

I bought this product for my 80 year old mother who has chemical sensitivity and she absolutely loves it! Her hair was silky and shiny and the best part was no irritation or allergic reaction from this product very gentle to the scalp and hair.

Not moisturizing enough

Posted by Reviewer2728595 From Finland on Mar 23, 2012

I don't have much experience with organic shampoos, so I don't know if this is characteristic to them in general or only to this product. I had to use a lot of shampoo for it to lather and to clean my hair (and so the bottle didn't last long), and then it left my hair tangled. I had to be extra thorough with conditioning after using this shampoo, which was disappointing since I bought it because it's 'moisturizing'. I found the scent surprisingly strong for a 'fragrance free' product. The olive oil scent reminded me of how you brush the crust of a stone oven baked pizza with olive oil. A rather bizarre thing to be on your mind when you're taking a shower... :D Thankfully the scent washed away with the shampoo, so your hair doesn't smell like that afterwards.

Great shampoo!

Posted by Reviewer2552628 From Canada on Apr 26, 2010

I bought this (along with the conditioner)hoping it would help cut down on the number of breakouts I was getting on my forehead and the sides of my face where my hair touched my skin. Not only have the breakouts been decreasing, but the annoying, itchy, tickly feeling around my nose has gone away. Great for those with chemical sensitivities! I'm going fragrance-free from now on!

Second time buying.

Posted by Reviewer1693536 From Singapore on Nov 17, 2010

my hair is rather thick and coarse and this shampoo makes my hair really soft. This shampoo smells great. this is my second time buying this product. I wouldnt say the same for the conditioner

Wonderful!!

Posted by Reviewer1899914 From Wyoming on Feb 02, 2011

Being allergic to fragrance, dyes and other ingredients of typical shampoo/conditioner make it hard to find a product that works for me. This does the trick!! It's great and won't break your hair down. I alternate with the Desert Essence fragrance free line to avoid build up. It's great for my curly hair.