Loving Au Naturale

Posted by Reviewer1479485 on Jan 01, 2009

I bought this product for my 80 year old mother who has chemical sensitivity and she absolutely loves it! Her hair was silky and shiny and the best part was no irritation or allergic reaction from this product very gentle to the scalp and hair.

Not moisturizing enough

Posted by Reviewer2728595 on Mar 23, 2012

I don't have much experience with organic shampoos, so I don't know if this is characteristic to them in general or only to this product. I had to use a lot of shampoo for it to lather and to clean my hair (and so the bottle didn't last long), and then it left my hair tangled. I had to be extra thorough with conditioning after using this shampoo, which was disappointing since I bought it because it's 'moisturizing'. I found the scent surprisingly strong for a 'fragrance free' product. The olive oil scent reminded me of how you brush the crust of a stone oven baked pizza with olive oil. A rather bizarre thing to be on your mind when you're taking a shower... :D Thankfully the scent washed away with the shampoo, so your hair doesn't smell like that afterwards.

Second time buying.

Posted by Reviewer1693536 on Nov 17, 2010

my hair is rather thick and coarse and this shampoo makes my hair really soft. This shampoo smells great. this is my second time buying this product. I wouldnt say the same for the conditioner

Good

Posted by Reviewer3340624 on May 22, 2011

This is a good shampoo and I love that it's natural and unscented, but I need to use a lot before I can get a good lather. It also leaves my long hair extremely tangled and hard to comb through. I've never had to use a conditioner before (and I don't like the idea of having to use two hair products), but I think I'll need to if I want to continue using this and not go bald from yanking out all of my hair. I removed one star because of this. I'll most likely purchase this again but only with the matching conditioner. Thanks iHerb.

Smells Rancid and Awful

Posted by Reviewer1147568 on Dec 19, 2013

I used to love this shampoo. But I purchased a bottle in June 2013 and it smelled awful and rancid! I complained on the Avalon website and it appears that they know about this problem, but are continuing to sell it anyway. It smells as if there are harmful and toxic oils in the formula and it left a bitter taste in my mouth. I will not ever purchase this again unless it is from a store where I can smell the shampoo before buying it. Avalon - please recall the current shampoo and change the formula back to pre-2013 formula!

Wonderful!!

Posted by Reviewer1899914 on Feb 02, 2011

Being allergic to fragrance, dyes and other ingredients of typical shampoo/conditioner make it hard to find a product that works for me. This does the trick!! It's great and won't break your hair down. I alternate with the Desert Essence fragrance free line to avoid build up. It's great for my curly hair.

Great shampoo!

Posted by Reviewer2552628 on Apr 26, 2010

I bought this (along with the conditioner)hoping it would help cut down on the number of breakouts I was getting on my forehead and the sides of my face where my hair touched my skin. Not only have the breakouts been decreasing, but the annoying, itchy, tickly feeling around my nose has gone away. Great for those with chemical sensitivities! I'm going fragrance-free from now on!

Perfect

Posted by Reviewer2674846 on Aug 23, 2010

I have trouble using the other shampoes from this brand. The texture of them is making my hair dry and too "squiky clean". But the Moisturizing Shampoo Olive and Grape Seed does not only clean but makes my hair feel a bit more moisturized.

Best shampoo I've never used

Posted by Reviewer2865196 on Sep 15, 2012

After trying Aubrey's products for a year and my hair feeling like straw, I found this, and it's sooo much better (despite not knowing what all of the ingredients are). My skin doesn't break out, I have no flakes, and my curly hair loves it. No more straw-like hair!

Like it.

Posted by Reviewer2224337 on Oct 20, 2012

Grandma if very fussy and she loves this shampoo after trying so many other products.