The smell of it has changed. It now stinks!

Posted by Reviewer1318900 on Oct 31, 2012

I used to love this soap, especially the smell of it. No more. They changed the smell. It now stinks. I will no longer buy it.

Love the citrus smell!

Posted by TrueReviews on Oct 09, 2014

Excellent product, hydrating, very nice smelling, like sweet lemon. It does not contain parabens, harsh preservatives, synthetic colors or fragrances, phthalates, sodium lauryl or laureth sulfate, which makes it perfect for my hands that handle my 11 month son. Click on my username for more reviews. If you thought that this review was helpful please feel free to press the 'yes' button.

great product, best price on the internet

Posted by Reviewer3237799 on May 14, 2011

After shopping around, iHerb.com had the best price + shipping combo; for comparison, the Avalon website lists this for $7.95. I purchased 10 bottles for $44.17, including shipping. It's the one hand soap we've found that doesn't dry out your hands. Perfect for the kitchen when you're washing your hands a lot and it does cut through the garlic / shallots / onions. This would be 5 stars except 2 things: 1) I ordered on 4/22/11 and didn't arrive until 4/28/11...a little on the slow side so anticipate accordingly. 2) It would be great if Avalon created a refill bottle so we could be a little more green. I will mention that the bottles themselves are of good quality and could be re-purposed for other uses, though I'm not sure for what!

Love It

Posted by Reviewer2206131 on Jun 17, 2009

This is our third time ordering this hand soap. It has a nice clean scent without the sodium lauryl sulfate. It seems to go a long way too. It seems more gentle on your skin than what you usually buy in the grocery store. I found too that the lemon scent will take away the garlic or onion smell on your hands after chopping them up. Another bonus was that my rings and stones seemed to have more sparkle and shine after I washed my hands with this. I will continue to buy this product.

great product

Posted by Reviewer3120562 on Dec 12, 2007

smells very nice

Lovely smell!

Posted by Reviewer1459438 on Feb 26, 2008

This stuff is fabulous! Great smell..even my kids love it! We also use it as body wash..works great!

Good smell

Posted by holahola on Feb 09, 2011

Smells fresh lemon and makes hands soft.

Very nice hand soap

Posted by Reviewer2182598 on Apr 17, 2012

Great hand soap...!

Love this soap

Posted by happydays on Jul 08, 2012

I keep it in my kitchen..lovely smell!

weird smell...

Posted by Reviewer2483618 on Jul 23, 2008

I wasn't crazy about the smell. Also, it has some questionable ingredients such as cocamidopropyl betaine, glycerin, arginine (amino acid) and ethylhexylglycerin...I have to admit I am really paranoid these days due to the fact that I am pregnant and am trying to eliminate all toxins from my environment.