Avalon Organics, Hand & Body Lotion, Aloe Unscented, 32 oz (907 g)

New version is no good!

Posted by Reviewer2485398 on Jan 27, 2011

I used to love this lotion, it absorbed well, had a mild scent. Now they have changed the formula, using a different preservative that causes my sensitive skin to itch all over. It doesn't absorb as well and the mild almond scent is gone, replaced by the scent of the phenoxyethanol (combo) preservative. Terrible change!

Super lotion

Posted by Reviewer1948864 on May 24, 2009

I have never had a lotion that moisturizes so well. I live in dry southern Colorado and had a very itchy winter until I started using Avalon Lotions. I ordered the unscented to cut a coconut scented lotion with a fragrance that is too strong. The combo works well. The lemon scented Avalon lotion is also good. The lavender scented a little strong.

bdremmer@nethtc.net

Posted by Reviewer2663989 on Feb 14, 2009

I love this hand lotion, I'm very chemical sensitive, and doesn't affect me

Best. Moisturiser. Ever.

Posted by aunatural on Jan 07, 2013

I have been using this stuff for years and years, and have recommended it to many people, including guys who particularly like the fact that it's not greasy and doesn't smell girly. It's the only thing that keeps my legs feeling moisturised, and the only hand lotion I can use at work without feeling like I've just poured oil all over my keyboard! It's also wonderful as an after sun lotion; if you get sunburned, slather this stuff on several times a day and you're not likely to end up with any peeling (tip: keep some pure aloe vera juice in a spray bottle and spray it on before moisturising for instant cool and hydration!) With the old formula, it used to bother me that by the time I got to the end of the 1L bottle, it smelled a little rancid. Now they have changed the formula and it's slightly more oily (though still not greasy) and it smells slightly yeasty (reminds me of freshly cooked hot donuts), but it never smells rancid and it still feels wonderful on the skin. This product is actually what led me to iHerb... to think I was paying AUD $32 for this stuff when I could get it online for $13! I was so upset when my local whole foods store couldn't get it in anymore but then I found it here and I couldn't be happier, I love iHerb!!

New Formula of Avalon Organics Hand and Body Lotion.

Posted by Reviewer1914289 on Dec 31, 2010

Frankly I was dissapointed in the "newly' formulated lotion. I have been using this for several years and considered it one of the best. On my last order I received the product, but with "new" on the label. The new formula has a grainey feeling. I am now looking for a replacement product.