Reformulated - Left my face white

Posted by 4730879284887832397 on Aug 22, 2014

I've been using Avalon products for years due to sensitive skin and loved the original products. All of the products have since been reformulated and the lavender sunscreen is now horrible. The previous formula was very moisturizing and when applied left a natural skin appearance. I applied the reformulated version and my face was left looking unnaturally white. The new formula also left a burning sensation on my skin that I thought might subside as the day progressed, but never did. I will now have to find a different sunscreen after being a loyal customer of Avalon Organics for years... so very disappointing.

Formula Changed

Posted by Reviewer1210803 on Mar 26, 2014

I re-ordered this product through I-herb several months ago, and only just began using the newer bottle in the past few weeks. I'm disappointed because it seems that they changed the formula to be more SUNSCREEN based. While I DO use this product for the purposes of an everyday sunscreen, now when i put this on, I get the "white-face" of the thicker and heavier zinc oxide additives in the lotion. What bothers me, is that I can SMELL the zinc oxide and Titanium Dioxide all day long on my face, similar to heavier, dedicated sunblocks. What I used to love about this face lotion, is how well it hydrated my dry skin, and gave me all day moisturization, with a light amount of sunblock. The pleasant smell lavender smell was the added bonus. Now it behaves and SMELLS just like my 30spf Neutrogena sunblock, or even worse the Blue Lizard sunblock i use when boating! This product used to have a very pleasant smell, and more moisturizing qualities, now the new formula has moved to more broad spectrum UVA/UVB based ingredients, and what I previously loved about it (fragrance/moisturization) is gone. Sadly, I won't be buying this again, and I would have used this product for MANY years.

WELL

Posted by 4902746031774688639 on Sep 25, 2013

a little bit feel arcoholic

Greasy

Posted by Reviewer3299543 on Mar 19, 2013

When I first tried this product I was wondering if I bought the wrong thing. I was looking for the Lavender line's moisturizer. I read the info from this page and it says for face and neck so I assumed it was a moisturizer with sun block. This was WAY greasy, I opened the bottle and took out the pump and I see greenish oil all along it, even after shaking it up. Im not concerned with the color as certain oils are green, like grape seed, but the consistancy is just gross and oily! I've used it a few times, and I had to use translucent powder after ward to stop the "shiny" glow. I've never had to use powder before for this reason. I'd love to keep using this product as I love all the other Lavender products but I cant get behind this. It also causes my cheeks to sting after I put it on, it only lasts a min or so but I can only imagine how much it could hurt someone with very sensitive or dry skin that's cracked! It makes no sense, the night cream is thick and isn't greasy or oily and sinks in immediately. All I can think is that the sunscreen portion of this makes it icky!

量很大,很耐用

Posted by 4920444801577820014 on Dec 24, 2012

我是有点过敏的肤质,不知道为什么用这个一直有点刺痛的感觉,但是一会儿就消失,也没出现什么不良后果,我就一直用了,夏天用的时候油光满面,秋冬的时候非常合适。

This is my stuff.

Posted by seanna on Jun 23, 2012

I use it. It's my stuff.

Beatiful tan , good smell

Posted by Reviewer3348638 on Feb 20, 2012

Very good product, keep youe skin soft without sunburns

SPF18

Posted by Reviewer1879324 on Feb 16, 2012

Nice

惜しい Good texture, but irritates my skin

Posted by Reviewer1974463 on Jun 24, 2011

テクスチャーはのびがよく、白浮きもせずとてもいいのですが、顔につけるとヒリヒリします。それほど敏感肌でもないんですが。ボディ用に使います。

good

Posted by Reviewer2401521 on Jun 20, 2011

good