Good for dandruff

Posted by 4857636049683904171 on Jul 06, 2014

Works great for itchy scalp and dandruff. It instantly cools your head. The only thing that can put you off is the very strong smell, which feels great at first but after repeated use I have grown sick of the smell.

Does not cleanse

Posted by Reviewer1312567 on Jul 04, 2014

I hope it helps with my scalp problems (flaking and itching), although not fully, but it does not make hair feel really cleansed. I have to use this shampoo in combination with Aubrey Organics clarifying shampoo (Green Tea) to make my hair feel really washed.

GREAT TO USE

Posted by 5190103138070277635 on Jun 29, 2014

EXCELLENT

Scalp Normalizing Shampoo (Avalon Organics)

Posted by 5011969254636005527 on Jun 23, 2014

No matter what I tried I just could not get rid of my itchy scalp that kept on flaking. I couldn't wear dark coloured tops at all. There was a noticable improvement after the first wash. It is doing wonders and now I don't have to worry about wearing dark coloured tops anymore.

Packaging is crushed

Posted by 4617792089585404752 on Jun 18, 2014

Packaging is crushed, it should be no good protection during transportation, missing a lot of shampoo in the bag.

Great Shampoo

Posted by 4698870542413881146 on Jun 10, 2014

This shampoo cleans so well my hair squeaks with cleanliness! Smells great, my favorite shampoo!

Moderately effective product, causes knots & tangles - 6/10

Posted by obscure on May 30, 2014

There are things I really like about this product and some things that I don't like about it at all after using it as my only shampoo for approx 3 weeks. Let's start positive! It does everything the label claims which is that it will; -help relieve itch and flakiness from dry scalp -cleans and balances hair and scalp -energises for healthy circulation and restored comfort -maximises softness, shine and managability. My dry itchy and flaky scalp has improved. I won't say dramatically and it hasn't disappeared but it is certainly much better than with the shampoo I was previously using. It makes my hair clean. The mint/tea tree/eucalyptus has an invigorating scent and it soothes my scalp. And yes, I have noticed that my hair is more soft than it was using my previous shampoo, and it is shiny! Negatives - This stuff tangles my hair like CRAZY when wet/lathering in the shower! The shampoo is the only thing I changed in my hair care routine and I never ever have had this much trouble with knots and tangles. When you use it be prepared to spend extra time brushing your hair, and if you already have a hard time with knots I wouldn't recommend this for you at all. The formula is very liquid and runny, and I feel because of this it doesn't lather up as effectively as other shampoos and you use more product per wash because of this. I'm guessing this is due to the more organic ingredients? Finally, I would say that they should change their instructions, when I use this I get much better results when I apply to wet hair, lather and let it sit on the scalp for 3-5 minutes to really let it sink in and sooth. If you just wash it out straight away after lathering you don't see as good/as fast results for dry/itchy/flaky scalp. I would buy this again over a regular shampoo, however I think I will be trying other brands with products targeted toward dry and itchy scalps as this didn't completely win me over.

SO SO

Posted by 5242193319680281281 on May 18, 2014

SO SO

Give it a few weeks for results

Posted by 5075662932439466850 on May 13, 2014

I was a little cautious seeing people's negative reviews of the new formula. I used the old one years ago and liked it. The first few tries of the new formula left my hair a bit dry and lifeless, but I alternated with another shampoo for a few weeks and then only used Avalon and my head has adjusted and the results are very good; though my hair is growing so fast and thick at the moment, and i dislike getting haircuts.

Pretty Good!

Posted by 4630346538834334867 on May 09, 2014

My scalp had been going mad after I bought LIVING PROOF (don't even bother, it's pricey, and it doesn't work!) This shampoo is going directly onto my re-order list, it's saved my scalp without having to resort to any pricey treatments!