I like it but it is only 70% Organic

Posted by NBPT100 on Sep 01, 2013

I like this product and I use it often. I like how it cleans and how it leaves my hair. I like that it does not have parabens and SLS. I like that they don't test it on animals. I like that they use essential oils for the fragrances vs. synthetics. I like a lot of things about this. I just wish it was more than 70% organic. Hence it gets 4 stars. Maybe Avalon will work on this and improve the product. If you found this review helpful kindly visit my homepage and see more value added reviews. Also "Yes" helpful votes are appreciated. Peace and good health.

great product

Posted by Reviewer1440933 on Mar 19, 2009

I have been using this shampoo for more than a year and I am really pleased with it. My hair is thicker and shinier after I use it.I would definitely recommend it for people with fine hair.

Always works so well

Posted by Reviewer1360049 on Apr 03, 2009

For some reason it fits my hair better than other products of Avalon Organics shampoo, leaves hair manageable and shiny. And it's organic and reasonable. :-)

Wonderful product!

Posted by Reviewer2839453 on Oct 19, 2009

I love this shampoo - it leaves hair feeling clean and fresh. There is no residue and hair is not left dry. The scent is relaxing also. My hair color is organic and since using this product the color seems to last at least two weeks longer.

I loved it!

Posted by Reviewer1082685 on Jan 27, 2011

I liked the lavender scent of this shampoo and conditioner, it is washed well with my thick hair, they are easy to fit. I'm happy.

Very clarifying. Not moisturizing but smells great!

Posted by Reviewer2368189 on Nov 20, 2009

More clarifying than nourishing. Smells Great!

Extremely stripping = Greasy hair

Posted by ALangemeyer on Apr 06, 2014

After two uses, I have to give up on this product. The smell is mild, the lather is weak and doesn't spread easily around your head leading to the need to use more product... but WORSE of all is that it is absolute stripping and leaves your hair feeling raw and that bad "squeaky clean". When your hair dries, it's limp against your scalp and has a weird shine to it. Because it absolutely strips your hair clean, your scalp goes into overdrive to replace your head/hairs natural oils, so NO chance of making it to the second day without needing to shower again. Prepare to get greasy. I have no idea how this seems to be so popular. It's supposed to be nourishing, yet strips your hair of all its natural nourishment. Huge disappointment.

bad ingredients

Posted by Reviewer1981195 on Sep 28, 2011

coumarin, limonene, linalool... and also drying my scalp

loving it

Posted by Reviewer1591099 on Nov 03, 2011

smells great ... cleans great!

very good