Reviews 5-star

Favorite

Posted by Reviewer2538127 on May 25, 2009

This is our new favorite shampoo. Works for my dry scalp and my husband's oily hair. Is gentle and leaves hair shinny. The tea tree scent is subtle in the shampoo. Some tea tree products scent alone sting my eyes. This does not! And talk about loads of lather. Love it.

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!

Posted by MandyEm on Nov 26, 2011

I have struggled with a dry scalp for years. I had an annoying patch of dry, flaky skin right at my hairline above my forehead which was super noticeable. I have tried many different scalp moisturizing products with little success. After only using this shampoo a few times my dry skin was gone and after about a month I noticed new hair growing from the dry spot. I highly recommend this product to anyone struggling with a dry scalp :)

Nice Smell

Posted by Reviewer3319467 on Jan 25, 2009

I have used a natural Marseille soap for washing my hair, but my scarp become itchy and scyrfy scalp... So I tried to use this shampoo and Jason's Hair & Scalp Therapy System Alternately, and it seems OK to ease the symptom. Since Jason's shampoo has a strong smell, Avalon's good smell makes me feel good.

tea tree shampoo

Posted by Reviewer1571910 on Feb 17, 2009

smells like the real stuff and worked great on my itchy scalp

Where has this been my whole life?

Posted by 5613096388439294705 on Aug 09, 2015

I've struggled with a dry, itchy, irritated scalp for years and years. I've tried a lot of different things to remedy it: Different shampoos, different conditioners, washing with conditioner only, warm water, cold water, you name it. I've tried super cheap shampoos and expensive hair salon-style shampoos that only made it worse, except one: A tea tree shampoo of a well known brand (in hair care circles) that shall remain unnamed. My itchy scalp improved, but the cost was outrageous. We're talking $60-70 per bottle. That would equate to something like $90-100 per month in shampoo and conditioner. Simply not a cost I could live with. Years later I come across iherb, this shampoo and the equivalent conditioner. At a fraction of the price I had a hard time believing it could to the same job, but my scalp is delighted to say it did. I honestly noticed an improvement after the first wash. Scalp felt sort of "fresh" and after a week irritation and itchiness improved 80%. I hardly ever catch myself scratching my head anymore. It still comes and goes occasionally, but never at the intensity it used to, and usually only after a typical trigger like cold, dry weather. I'll be putting in my second order as I write this, and it won't be the last.