Great shampoo for oily scalp

Posted by 5203306473566894909 on Aug 25, 2013

I started using this shampoo a few months ago. Then the local store I bought it from went out of stock so I searched online and found iHerb. Turned out cheaper too! So it's wonderful! Previously I was using Schwarzkopf Bonacare Hair+Scalp shampoo. I find Avalon Organics' Scalp Treatment Tea Tree Shampoo a lot gentler than Schwarzkopf's and it's great for my oily scalp. Usually if you have an oily t-zone, you will have oily scalp as well. So tea tree is great to treat oily sebum secretions. I find that using the right shampoo to treat oily scalps will minimize hair loss. Very good shampoo at a great price!

Great smelling shampoo.

Posted by Reviewer1826082 on Dec 11, 2009

It smells as good as everyone else says in their review. It cleans very well. But it's not very gentle on long hair in my opinion. If you have a good conditioner, it'll be fine.

Avalon Organics

Posted by Reviewer2094656 on Jan 25, 2008

great product but doesn't stop dandruff, reduces it slightly.

OK but...

Posted by 5036113017903921512 on Mar 15, 2015

Using this for a little over a month - I think overall the shampoo is OK - but there are a couple of things that kind of bother me about it: 1. This product is SUPER dehydrating for your hair. My hair is naturally oily - so for me to say it's dehydrating is a big deal. I recommend getting this in conjunction with a conditioner. So if your dandruff issue is more of a dryness issue rather than a bacterial issue than this could potentially make it worse. In fact, even if it is a bacterial issue this could potentially make it a dryness issue as well. GET A CONDITIONER! Even the back of the bottle STRONGLY recommends the conditioner. 2. The lather is not very lather-y. If you want to get some real bubble action you have to pour on a lot more shampoo than you normally would. And for the amount of shampoo you get - it seems kind of wasteful having to get a whole handful of soap to get the kind of clean you're looking for. With that said - some redeeming qualities: 1. There is no particularly strong smell to it. It's very neutral. Doesn't smell like anything. Which could be good for a guy in your life that doesn't want to smell like baby breath and gardenias. Which unfortunately is the trend with a lot of natural shampoos - usually they always want to smell flowery but guys usually try to not smell flowery- just clean. 2. It reallllyy cleans your hair. I mean you will FEEL. THE. CLEAN. It will strip out every kind of oil in your hair (which causes the dryness noted above). Overall verdict: I'm not impressed. I'll use the rest of the bottle to not waste it but I'll focus on trying out something new.

Not for me

Posted by Luddil on Dec 27, 2014

I found this too hard to wash my hair with. It gave it a harsh texture while in its foam and it felt too heavy after rinsing. Did not relief my scalp irritation.

Dry Scalp almost gone

Posted by 5667179047985636268 on Dec 28, 2014

After using this for only a week (4 washes) scalp is no longer itchy, and flakiness has almost disappeared. Will be buying again, and recommending to others.

Works wonders for my hair

Posted by 4982691173983551914 on Nov 16, 2014

I have suffered from an angry, irritated (and oily!) scalp for years, and this product has somehow managed to reign it in. Has a nice, muted tea tree scent too. Am planning to purchase the conditioner next. >> Please click "Yes" if you found my review helpful. Thanks a lot!

GOOD FOR ITCHY SCALPS

Posted by 4994064288513988152 on Feb 08, 2015

Scalp feels cool and comfort when using. Liked the natural aroma. Good ingredients. Already 3rd bottles.

Saved my dry scalp

Posted by 5562803436360510497 on Jun 18, 2016

I had really itchy scalp which lead to dandruff and a lot of inconvenience. This great product really helped to relieve the itchiness and the dandruff is gone. Great shampoo!

I like all the Avalon Organics shampoos. They work very good.

Posted by Reviewer3212539 on Apr 20, 2008

I like all the Avalon Organics shampoos. They work very good.