ok for a few weeks, then will break hair from too much thickening

Posted by teacup on Jun 26, 2012

I will never use it again. It was ok for a few weeks, then the stuff it leaves on the hair made it so thick my hair started breaking. I get better results eating more protein and proper diet. I had the flu so some of my hair thinned out. Now building up naturally helped it grow back thick. Stick with normal shampoo

Not happy

Posted by 5654455972158795044 on Jul 31, 2012

The shampoo and conditioner left my hair looking oily and flat. I think the added oils and extracts in the list of ingredients actually weigh the hair down without cleaning it properly. My hair did NOT look thicker, just oily, and it had a strong herbal smell. I have tried many different products and this is at the bottom of my list. I will NOT be ordering it again.

Clumpy formula, unmanagable

Posted by MelissaK on Mar 07, 2012

I bought this in conjunction with the shampoo, and was very disappointed. The shampoo, in my opinion, if just okay (not enough to purchase again), but the conditioner is awful. The formula is very thick & clumpy, which makes it difficult to work through my hair in the shower, and made my hair feel like a tangled mess. I appreciate this is fragrance-free, but also wish there could be some added oil to mask the unpleasant smell.

Won't use it anymore

Posted by Reviewer2818091 on Jul 20, 2013

Something has happened with this conditioner. A year before it was much better and helpful for my greasy colored hair. Now new formula does nothing, my hair feels better when I don't use this conditioner. Won't buy it anymore.

Does not work, period

Posted by Reviewer1763170 on Dec 12, 2011

I used this with the shampoo and both dry out my hair and make it fall instead of helping me regain a bit of my hair back. Totally made my hair look dull. Didn't help that this was my wedding year and I needed shiny, healthy hair with volume.

Disappointed

Posted by Reviewer2114495 on Jul 01, 2012

This product leaves my hair dry, as if I hadn't used conditioner at all. I am so disappointed with it.

Good product, beautiful hair

Posted by Reviewer3130401 on Oct 24, 2011

I recommend this product, cause it has made my hair voluminous and healthy. I dont have to use hair volume spray any more. People are saying, your hair has grown so much. Good stuff

very disappointed

Posted by Reviewer3158989 on Jul 05, 2010

I read all the reviews and expected this to be good for my hair. My hair is thin,fine and dry. I have used almost the whole bottle and my hair is still thinning and it is terribly dry. Will not buy this again.Donna

Not as good as reviews state

Posted by Reviewer2510859 on Mar 29, 2011

I ordered a few bottles of this conditioner,becuase i have tried everything on the market. But before i did,i googled to see what the so called experts rated as the best organic shampoos and conditioners on the market,and Avalon organics was rated number One. After trying this shampoo it let my hair feeling lifeless and very itchy,infact i thought my hair felt finer than before i started using the conditioner. So i really actually wonder how organic this conditioner really is. On a rating scale between 0 -10 i would persoanlly rate this conditioner at 4 out out of 10. Don't waste your money. Sincerly Not Happy.

Contains dimethicone

Posted by Reviewer2728595 on Mar 23, 2012

My personal issue with this product is that it contains dimethicone, which I didn't realize until I received the package (note to self: always double check the ingredients list!) Aside from that, the bottle was a bit difficult to use because the product isn't runny at all. I also needed to use a lot of product to untangle my (long) hair. As for the thickening effect, I really couldn't say, I didn't notice any difference myself. Although I liked the scent, I was pleased that it didn't linger in my hair for too long. Men probably like the smell, but I don't think it's too masculine, so this is a good unisex product.