Once upon a time I loved this product.

Posted by Reviewer1508061 on Aug 21, 2013

Avalon Organics (or Hain Celestial, who owns them now) have stamped a "NEW More Sustainable" logo on all of the Avalon cosmetic products. They have drastically changed the formulation of the products I used to use, possibly so they are cheaper to manufacture. This Vitamin C Renewal Creme, which I've used for years, now contains sodium benzoate, which when combined with ascorbic acid (vitamin C) can form benzene, a carcinogen. Probably not a good idea to add sodium benzoate to a product with Vitamin C in the name. It also now irritates my skin, so I am on the hunt for a good product again.

Dry and itchy

Posted by Reviewer1848502 on Dec 01, 2012

i am very disappointed with this product. my face feels hot and burst, also very itchy. i had to wash it away 3 min after i applied it.

break out

Posted by 4689877539034280795 on Mar 01, 2013

Great smell, nice consistency, but everytime I use it without fail I break out. I even went to just putting it under my eyes and started getting eyelid pimples.

did not like it at all

Posted by 5732103786426217174 on Apr 03, 2013

This smells like cheap artificial orange juice and clogs pores. I ordered 3 products of Vitamin C series from Avalon and none of them was satisfying. It caused some acne trouble on my skin and I dumped it after couple of uses. Will not order again.

Smells just like an orange.

Posted by Reviewer2722780 on Aug 28, 2011

A little heavy for face. I prefer a lighter moisturizer for my face. I use it more on my neck, and chest.

Dissapointing

Posted by Reviewer3069803 on Jan 06, 2013

This cream made my skin react badly, it looked like i had got a huge sunburn. My skin went red and itchy, and my face went two times bigger... And i do NOT have sensetive skin. This cream is also very "fat" so if you have acne or combination skin, don`t use it!

Skin looks worse

Posted by 4830009186985985152 on May 02, 2015

Originally I gave this cream 5 stars. But after using it for a while, my skin started looking bad. I noticed more redness, fine lines were more visible and the skin just looked unhealthy. I also fount it to burn irritated skin (such as around the nose) and it can't go anywhere near the eye area (unlike other creams I double use as eye cream). I will also note it smell very strongly of fake orange. The more I used the product, the more sick I was of the smell. Many people have mentioned the formula has changed. If this is so, I strongly recommend the company return to the old one...

Gives a rash, every time

Posted by 5158923149056903292 on Jun 01, 2015

I seem to be one of the few people affected by this, but I haven't been able to use this cream. Every time I put it on, my skin turns red and burns, and I have to wash it immediately. Wouldn't recommend it.

Not for me

Posted by 5212518351490084631 on Dec 23, 2013

It made my skin very dry and flaky. I also had worst breakouts. Bought it reading all the reviews, but it was not for me. I have a combination skin. It made it much worse. I bought it along with the cleanser, facial and eye serum. Had problems with all of them.

Allergic Reaction - Avalon Vitamin C Renewal Cream

Posted by VeganFamily on Jan 24, 2014

This product triggered itchiness and face became inflamed. Tried at various times with the same result. Had to dispose of this product.

« Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next »