Aztec Secret, Indian Healing Clay, 1 lb (454 g)

Reviews 3-star

« Previous | 1 2 3 | Next »

Great mixed with apple cider vinegar or rosewater

Posted by butteredcrumpet From Australia on Dec 15, 2013

At first I wasn't overly impressed with this clay mask but that was because I was initially only mixing it with water. I found that with water it was terribly difficult to mix, becoming lumpy and there was no "pulsating" as noted in the instructions. It slightly dried out some existing blemishes but nothing miraculous. After obtaining some great results with taking apple cider vinegar and using a ACV toner, I revisited the mask and mixed the clay with ACV. The first difference was how well it mixed, absolutely no lumps and it formed a smooth, almost mousse like texture. Super easy to apply and while drying I felt the warmth and pulsating effect that I'd been chasing. After washing the skin is left temporarily red but only ever so slightly. The skin was smooth, even toned and pores appeared smaller but my skin was left quite dry so depending on your skin type, you may have to follow with a quality moisturiser. I find that it helps existing blemishes clear quicker and prevents new blemishes from appearing. When my skin is a little drier than usual but still needs a deep clean, I mix the clay with organic rosewater and or a small amount of oil like Rosehip or Argan and find that this works wonderfully. Recently, after spending far too long in the sun, my face was sunburnt and began to peel. My pores were congested especially on my nose but I didn't want to use any harsh or irritating products. I applied the clay mixed with a drop of organic rosehip oil and a couple of sprays of rosewater and applied to the applicable areas. After removing, my skin felt thoroughly cleansed however, it wasn't left dry or parched.

Okay

Posted by Reviewer2607044 From Tennessee on Mar 24, 2012

Have only used this on our faces. It works best mixed with vinegar. My husband and I both used it a few times on our faces and honestly did not notice any difference. I know it has many other uses and it's good to have on hand, just in case. We have never used bentonite clay before so can't compare it to any other.

seems to be good but very hard to use

Posted by VictoriaN From Ukraine on Jun 05, 2012

seems to be good but very hard to use

It's Okay

Posted by Reviewer2534319 From Georgia on May 04, 2011

This clay really makes your face feel smooth and clean. I was expecting more from it though as far as working faster with the clearing of the blackheads. I heard other people talking about this product and how they can feel the toxins actually leaving their face, that is not true. Although, I have used several pore cleanser and I would much rather say that I think this one is the best and far more natural than any other product that I have used. I will continue to use this product.

works well but not mixing

Posted by Reviewer3060193 From New Zealand on Jul 04, 2011

very hard to mix with any liquid. Try to mix with warm, hot, cold water, all have lumps in the end and the paste is not smooth. It can draw just like the green French clay. I mixed it once with water and Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) powder, it then turned into a very smooth paste but I can also sense some chemical interaction when I mixed them together. Really not sure but it is a cheap option if you don't mind the lumps.

« Previous | 1 2 3 | Next »