More a Dessert than a Protein Shake

Posted by 5649150956425648240 on Aug 23, 2012

I use mainly ON and AST proteins powders and purchased this after hearing the reviews about the taste (although I don't typically buy protein powders based on taste but I fell for the hype and thought I was missing out on something so bought a few flavors to try). The Nutritional profile is not as good as the aforementioned brands (more calories, carbs & fats) although this is a blend and I use non blends (Whey & casein) in AST & ON so it's not really a fair comparison. The consistency of BSN lean desserts is a creamy thick shake however you can get the same results by adding guar & xantham gums to your standard whey protein. Mix-ability is good and there is no grainy texture or clumping. Taste wise it's a 7 out of 10, Certainly not amazingly gastronomically great, As some reviews on other sites would lead you to believe. I have a host of natural extracts & flavorings that I add to my protein shakes (cinnamon,vanilla, coconut, etc) so I tailor make my shakes to suite my own personal tastes and I do add coconut extract & stevia to my ON chocolate protein powder and get the same taste (with the benefit of the better nutritional profile of the ON product) So this seems to be a good on the go shake to have, If your not on a cut or dieting but if your a bit of a protein shake aficionado like myself and like to mix your own concoctions this will be nothing special.

I Love it

Posted by Reviewer3144417 on Feb 08, 2011

Very good tasting, and you get a very thick shake on blender!!! Good nutritional profile.

Delicious

Posted by NaturallyMisha on Feb 10, 2011

Smells like chocolate... taste's like coconut and chocolate. So yummy. I look forward to waking up, (I drink a shake every morning in place of breakfast).. good for on the go.

Taste like Bounty chocolate

Posted by kweemeng on Jul 19, 2013

Yummy. I have tried Whipped Vanilla before but out of these 2, I prefer Choco Coconut candy. Use 1 cup of milk for 1 scoop and you get a creamy thick liquid Bounty.

Chocolate-coconut

Posted by 5042105442300195724 on Jun 27, 2013

Bf is taking. 2scoops in 10oz mixed with Soya bean drink is too thick! Suggest to reduce to 1.5scoops per 10oz, unless your liquid is not that thick.

all the way from new zealand!!!

Posted by Reviewer2874384 on Jun 12, 2011

Great tasting protein powder ! way better than the chocolate fudge flavour!....ingreidients are great to ! thank you iherb for being able to purchase it cheaper with you guys than buying it in new zealand !!!

Dessert protein shake, chocolate coconut candy bar

Posted by Reviewer3104699 on Oct 18, 2011

This is wonderful! I have never tasted protein powder this good. It really is like dessert. I use it in baking and desserts, not as shake. It's a little bit less protein in this, than in many others. But I like it anyway, because of the taste. Almost dangerously good.

taste

Posted by Reviewer1221008 on Mar 20, 2011

unbelievable