so oily...

Posted by Reviewer3120922 on Mar 03, 2010

my skin type is dry so this goods was accepted. but this goods has so many oil so that my skin is very oily..

Too oily for use in hot climate

Posted by Reviewer2511664 on Mar 28, 2012

Great natural ingredients, but it's oily and sticky on the skin. Have to use blotting paper after each application. Not recommended for use in hot climate.

Very thick, heavily scented sunscreen...

Posted by OrlyDumitrescu on Jul 14, 2012

When I read the description and reviews for this sunscreen I decided it order it but was quite disappointed. This is a VERY thick formula, it left white marks and I can't even dream about using this stuff on my face, it left me feeling very sticky and oily... Will finish the one I have at home but won't be ordering Badger's sunscreen again.

Bizarre appearance after sweating

Posted by Reviewer2720092 on Jul 22, 2012

I very much appreciate the attention to healthy ingredients in the formulation. And, I was prepared for the white appearance, or at least resigned to the fact that it might be such. So in that way it confirmed my fears. But it was worse than that. I applied this as directed prior to a vigorous bike ride in high temperatures. Soon people were asking whether I had a bad case of poison ivy! As beads of sweat appeared, they were encapsulated by the sunscreen and appeared as greasy bubbles all over my skin. I was also very hot with this sunscreen applied, since my sweat could not evaporate to cool me.

Better Than most

Posted by Reviewer2069812 on Mar 05, 2010

Almost all screens now have zinc oxide or titanium oxide that is ground so fine that it is absorbed by the skin. The manufactures claim that it isn't nano zinc which is absorbed into the blood stream. Rather, they claim, it doesn't pass the capilary wall. First of all, the grinding process isn't that precise, and so some portion, even if the average particle size is too large to pass into the blood stream, will do so. Second of all, I don't want the stuff in my cells either. I finally bought some zinc oxide and mixed it with Shea Butter and made my own. Yes, it leave my skin white. I couldn't care less and I don't want toxic metals in my cells or blood stream. How basic.

Very good!

Posted by Reviewer2754545 on Sep 03, 2010

I used it for my baby - makes a good film on skin, and it was great for the summer.

happy!

Posted by Reviewer2145128 on Jul 29, 2010

I am really glad to have found a sunscreen without nasty chemicals and without micronised particles. It's not hard to put on, you just have to rub a little to get rid of the white cast , and don't put too much product at once. It doesn't crumble while rubbing which is a huge plus! Will keep on using :)

Great product

Posted by Reviewer1600024 on May 20, 2010

I like the safety of this product; it has a high rating on EWG. It also works quite well, just make sure you don't use too much or you will have a white face.

FIVE stars !

Posted by Reviewer3264400 on Jun 16, 2010

Goes on great...and works! Glad it is safe for the environment and safe for our family. Thank you for a wonderful product. I will definetly buy again! From the original badger (in Wisconsin)!

good choice

Posted by Reviewer1978086 on Jun 23, 2011

Nice smell, I hope good sun protection. A bit thick when you apply to the skin.