Badger Company, Anti-Bug Sunscreen, Broad Spectrum SPF 34, 2.9 fl oz (87 ml)

Reviews 3-star

Gloopy, white, thick, and tacky

Posted by 5678827456987749540 on Aug 14, 2013

The reason I bought this was for my trip to Thailand. I went to beach and rainforest areas so I wanted water resistant, anti-bug sunscreen. This product worked perfectly at repelling bugs (also other people in my party). During my days walking around the temples and in rainforest areas it worked perfectly. It took me a while to fine tune the amount and figure out that you need to rub it around in your palms for a bit before you put it on your skin (I'm a gentleman, so putting it on my arms or legs directly, then trying to spread it on turned my hairy extremities blue-ish white). The main problem is that this is NOT WATERPROOF AT ALL. I went swimming once during my whole trip for twenty minutes and then reapplied straight after I got back under the beach umbrella, but I was going red by 4pm. Going red on the day you get burnt is NOT a good sign. So, if you plan to take this hiking or rainforest walking in places where there are a lot of mosquitoes/wasps, it would be great. For people who don't want to look blue-ish in photos, or who want to go swimming, I simply cannot recommend it. As one of my two major reasons for buying it (water resistant SPF) turned out to be a bust, I gave this product a generous 3.