Unexpected benefit

Posted by philosophicalcat on Sep 30, 2011

I started taking this to reduce PMS. I also found that it controls lip skin peeling. I'm not sure why my lips peel, but they usually get itchy and peel every 4 days or so. When I take EPO, the peeling reduces drastically or even stops for months at a time. I suspect I have acquired a fungus infection or something. I avoid medication and prefer to deal with a health condition with nutrition and exercise. This oil seems to keep this odd condition at bay, although it doesn't eliminate it entirely. Also, my lips and nails appear to be healthier when I take EPO. Barlean's has a good reputation.

Perfect for hyperactivity

Posted by Reviewer2862251 on Sep 05, 2010

My holistic DO recommended this brand of evening primrose oil for my young daughter and it DOES make a difference!

Helps with breast tenderness

Posted by Reviewer1746062 on Dec 21, 2010

I have tried other brands of Evening Primrose Oil but found them inferior to Barleans. This product has consistently helped to alleviate breast tenderness due to hormonal fluctuations. This product works well for me.

France

Posted by Reviewer2955415 on Apr 29, 2014

Good product, I trust this brand completely. Their flax oil is brilliant as well, and I think it's very well priced for the quality, nothing to regret.

I love what it does to me

Posted by 4874278344404863247 on Feb 01, 2015

I started taking evening primrose oil in my mid-thirties to ease the pain in my breasts and their lumpiness during my menstruel cycle. The pain and lumpiness completely disappeared, and, as an added bonus, my brittle thin always breaking nails started to grow thicker and stronger! I've been taking between 1500 mg & 3000 mg almost everyday since then and will continue to do so.

good stuff and organic to boot

Posted by Reviewer2808138 on Nov 05, 2009

but it would benefit from a larger bottle and a freshness packet to prevent the softgels from sticking together. The gels were packed in the bottle so tightly that they had become a glued-together mess, making it difficult to get the softgels out.

Always trust Barlean's!

Posted by Reviewer2392190 on Feb 08, 2011

Really helps with menopause issues. I have used it for years along with Barlean's flax oil.

Great Brand for Primrose Oil

Posted by Reviewer1066824 on Feb 22, 2011

These softgels are easy to swallow, even though they are pretty big. I love Barlean's and this product has fulfilled my expectations.

Great Evening of Primrose

Posted by Reviewer1193570 on Apr 26, 2010

Only need 2 caps a day, and they make you feel very calm!

Excellent Quality

Posted by Reviewer2864112 on Sep 24, 2012

Evening Primrose Oil (EPO) is almost a mandatory daily supplement for women. As with everything, it works for some women & not for others. I suggest trying it for 3 mos. at least. Either way, it's good for reducing for helping to lower cholesterol. I'm 54. I started taking it daily to reduce my high cholesterol. It's worked well with the Krill Oil. It's also a great benefit for pre-menopausal & menopausal symptoms. I also take dong quai. It's been better than the pill. I now have no menopausal problems.