The dog seems to like it----

Posted by Reviewer1056250 on Dec 24, 2009

One tablespoon mixed with dogfood keeps the coat of our lovely black German Shepherd a glistening---black. Health is excellent. This is dosage as per label.

Barlean's Flax for animals

Posted by Reviewer2819736 on Feb 20, 2012

Normally, I rave over all Barlean's products. I'm not sure what it is about this product, but my cat won't have anything to do with food that has this mixed in it. I've tried mixing it in really well, burying it under a bunch of wet food, baiting her with freshly cooked chicken, but she absolutely refuses to go near her bowl if this oil has been it. I bought this for my cat hoping to alleviate a puking and/or hairball problem. Strangely enough, every time I have given her this, she has puked. Also, I was reading that flax may not be the best EFA for cats. Wish I would've known this before I bought this oil :(

Improved my dogs fur

Posted by tinajuni on Oct 26, 2013

I been using this for about 7 months, and in this period my dogs fure has become softer og fuller. Stopped using it for about two months, and she lost alot of fur. Could be a conincident, but I do not think so. Reordered!

Great stuff!

Posted by abbyiherb on Aug 26, 2010

Since I've been using this product, both my cat's have been shedding less and one cat in particular isn't throwing up as much. I'd recommend this product to any pet owner.

good

Posted by TheBest on Sep 16, 2008

Nice oil. My dog likes it. Never hesitates to eat it. I mix it into his RAW food diet.

Will keep your pets healthy and soft, a small period of adjustment may occur

Posted by HDumas on Apr 03, 2013

My family use to add flax seed oil to our pets' food when I was younger. It gave their coats a very healthy sheen and made them incredible soft. They also lived long healthy lives, I'm sure this was a contributing factor. I have started doing the same with my cat. I noticed when I first introduced it, she ate her meals slower, or ate some of it and finished it later on (as opposed to wolfing it all down as quickly as she could.) I was guessing she didn't like the change in taste or texture. I taste-tested it myself. I could taste a slight bitter aftertaste, but it's very subtle. Now that I've been adding it to her meals every day, she is starting to return to her regular pace of eating. I think she needed to get used to it.

My cat doesn't like it, but I do.

Posted by Reviewer2592970 on Apr 22, 2011

I tried mixing this with everything to get my cat to eat this. Even with just a tiny bit my cat will not eat the food it is in. Though, I now use it for myself and really like it.

If it's bitter, it's rancid

Posted by Reviewer2759346 on May 01, 2015

Flaxseed oil goes rancid quickly and this must have not been stored in a cool place. It had such a strong bitter smell and taste, like strong petroleum. I tasted it and it burned my tongue. I'm not feeding this to my animals; it's toxic if it's rancid. Flaxseed oil is just buttery and soft when it's not rancid. There should not ever be a bitter taste unless it's gone bad.

Excellent product

Posted by 4991313107144583002 on Aug 22, 2014

My 2 miniature schnauzers love it in their dry or wet food. My older mutt used to have bad skin problem and flakes a lot. After the first bottle of flax oil, his skin condition is much better. Recommended product

Very Good

Posted by Reviewer1535395 on Oct 17, 2014

I give this to my two dogs every day and it has significantly improved their coats.

« Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next »