« Previous | 1 2 3 | Next »

great gluten free bread!

Posted by Reviewer3124143 on Sep 21, 2012

I never tried this bread until I went gluten free and I' so glad I did! Its unique Bavarian flavor is great for ham and cheese sandwiches, especially grilled. Can also wrap 1 or 2 slices in a damp paper towel and zap until warm for a soft style bread sandwich. It's also great toasted, with PB & J. I would rate it 5 stars except for how tricky it is to separate the slices before using.

Different but Good

Posted by 5324077134647419475 on Aug 30, 2013

It's not like regular bread. It takes a long time to toast and has a tangy flavor, but it is okay. The first time I rated this, I gave it 3 starts, but I have since come back and given it 5 because the taste and texture has really grown on me. It's not at all a replacement for wonder white bread, but after a bag or two, I really have started to appreciate its unique flavor and texture and prefer it now over the other gluten free bread I buy that is meant to imitate white bread but falls short.

Excellent bread!

Posted by 5070804723774617722 on Dec 16, 2013

This is one of the best gluten-free breads I've tried. If you like authentic German whole rye bread, this makes a very convincing gluten-free substitute. If you don't, you might not like this either as it has a similar sourdough flavor. Definitely benefits from toasting. Makes excellent open-face sandwiches. I just wish it was in stock more often!

Love this Bread

Posted by 4911886488675770027 on Aug 25, 2014

Being Gluten Free it is difficult to find bread that is worthy of buying much less eating. My sons are very, very picky about everything. This is a favorite bread. When the instructions suggest - better toasted you should do it. After toasting, the bread takes on a whole different flavor. This is a treat for my sons. Sure we make our own bread and it's pretty good but, it's nice to have a change and this is what they ask for. This is the best store bought Gluten Free bread we have found that is actually worth the money. The packaging is also a big plus. We buy several loaves double wrap what doesn't get eaten at once or put in the frig. and keep it in the freezer until needed. Seems my sons do not say anything until they are almost out and that is where the ease of ordering and the speedy free shipping of iHerb keeps me coming back. If you eat Gluten Free you will probably like this bread if not it may be too old world for you. The flavor and texture kind of grow on you.

Good bread!

Posted by 4914898952325285559 on Feb 02, 2014

I really like this bread! It has a slight sourdough taste to it, which is nice for sandwiches. It toasts up pretty well and tastes good with eggs.

« Previous | 1 2 3 | Next »