• Reviews | English

incorrect labeling

Posted by 5690269361216236948 on Nov 12, 2013

If you look at the pack here (picture) it is labeled raw, but these almonds were pasteurized and you can read it only when you get it. Actually there is one more sentence in ingredients which says - Steam Pasteurized. Misleading (as it is incomplete hence wrong, steam doesn't mean raw) information.

poor taste

Posted by Reviewer1861584 on Sep 29, 2013

Although labeled raw, these almonds were pasteurized. The taste and texture were not as good as almonds that are truly raw.

Very good raw almonds. - Хороший сырой миндаль.

Posted by rapariga77 on Aug 01, 2012

Very good raw almonds. All nuts are of good quality. A little less sweet in comparison with almonds from Now Foods. Хороший сырой миндаль. Орешки один к одному, плохих нет. Чуть менее сладкий, чем у Нау фудз.

Delicious and heathy raw and unsalted almonds.

Posted by Caerulea on Jun 07, 2014

Not only are these raw and unsalted almonds delicious, but they're naturally gluten free, safe for all people, have no known side effects, and are loaded with health benefits. Rich in monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fatty acids, including omega-6 and omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids, protein, amino acids, dietary fiber, B vitamins (thiamin, vitamin B6, niacin, riboflavin, pantothenic acid), vitamins E and C, manganese, copper, magnesium, iron, phosphorus, pota ssium, zinc, calcium, selenium, phytosterols, and antioxidants, raw almonds are beneficial in treating high cholesterol, hypertension, diabetes, cardiovascular conditions, heart disease, gastritis, acid reflux, gluten intolerance and celiac disease, arthritis, rheumatism, osteoporosis, Alzheimer's disease, various skin conditions, and cancer. These nuts lower triglycerides and LDL or "bad" cholesterol levels while increasing HDL or "good" cholesterol, protect against strokes, atherosclerosis and peripheral arterial disease, help stabilize blood sugar and regulate insulin levels, normalize blood pressure, boost and strengthen the immune system, flush toxins out of the body, aid digestion, prevent heartburn and acid reflux, relieve nausea and bloating, heal gastric ulcers, soothe the stomach lining, reduce colon inflammation, facilitate healing, stimulate the activity of the body’s antioxidant enzymes and neutralize free radicals, improve brain function, restore hormonal balance, help maintain healthy bones, joints, skin, nails, and hair, alleviate the symptoms of depression, and even reduce the risk of cancer. Almonds also contain squalene, a naturally occurring antioxidant protecting from free radicals and preventing oxidative damage. I love these delicious raw almonds and would recommend them to people suffering from high cholesterol, heart disease, and diabetes, as well as to anyone wanting improve their overall health and well-being.

Very Fresh

Posted by Reviewer3000993 on Nov 26, 2013

Not the sweetest I have had, but very very fresh and crisp.

Decent almonds

Posted by Veronika-and-Tobias on Apr 24, 2012

Not the hugest and best-looking I've ever received, but way better than average store-bought ones.

Check your nuts!

Posted by LicensedMassageTherapist on Jan 03, 2014

I didn't realize these had been PASTEURIZED. Apparently the FDA requires pasteurization (grrr) on raw nuts like almonds. BUT there are a couple different ways to pasteurize almonds: steam treatment or fumigation with toxic propylene oxide (PPO) gas. The package on these nuts does not specify which treatment was used. The nuts tasted great, but this new discovery has me reading labels even more carefully. I supposed buying organic is the ONLY way to go.

The best!!!

Posted by Reviewer2283138 on Dec 12, 2013

This is the best almond on this site, I've bought all whole almonds in iherb and this is my favorite one. Good size of nuts, dry enough, slightly sweet and always fresh.

Great tasting raw almonds!

Posted by healthydoesit on Oct 10, 2013

I was never an almond lover growing up, but decided to try these as my afternoon snack to get more protein. They were surprisingly yummier than I remembered. I love that these are raw, without any additives. The bag is resealable too, so no need to transfer these babies to another container. I eat them everyday now and will continue to purchase.Take a look at my page for more than 100 real reviews on products I've purchased and tested from Iherb!

High Blood Pressure

Posted by 5720508950197905733 on Oct 02, 2014

Along with L-Arginine and L-Citrulline my research also showed that a simple thing like Almonds and Walnuts can have a dramatic effect on High BP.They must be raw and natural and I grind them up to a flour consistency and put about two heaped dessertspoons on my cereal and eat it that way. Another way is to mix it with Yoghurt and diced fruit and eat that. I have had very high BP for last five years and with no help from Cardiologists I have been forced to do my own research and try natural things which have no side effects unlike the poisonous drugs they dish out. I also use Doctors Best L-Arginine (DRB-00200). My morning BP is still slightly high which must mean that my body is over producing Hormones during my sleep but when I get up and start taking my natural stuff along with a reduced quantity of BP meds my levels come down to almost normal at about 132/83 and remailn like that during the whole day. iHerb give me a quick delivery time to Australia, they are efficient and prices are very reasonable.

« Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next »