• Reviews | English

Delicious but very small bag!

Posted by PurplePegasus on Jan 02, 2014

These dates are delicious. The Medjool is the kind that melts in your mouth. (The other is Deglet Noor, and those are always pitted because those dates are hard). These are soft and chewy. Unfortunately, they are quite pricey and there aren't too many in the bag, plus Medjool dates are not pitted because it would be an impossible mess to try to remove pits so there's even less per weight than 14 oz, when you factor in all the pits. Thankfully, these are so soft, there's no danger of biting into the pit when being careful unlike the Deglet Noor, which always leaves pitts in their "pitted" dates anyways. I saw the negative top review and at first it prevented me from buying. But then I thought about it: the reviewer lives in Asia and purchased in the middle of scorching summer: I seriously doubt it had anything to do with that disease he mentions, his must simply arrived moldy, destroyed by heat in transit. A little common sense tells me to never buy organic foods (read: without chemical preservatives) in the summer (or hot weather, should I say here in California), because organic foods are highly perishable and very much heat-sensitive. There's no way I would buy these in hot weather now that the smart post means these would spend at least 3 nights stored in hot warehouses and 3 days traveling in over 100F weather! (When it's 80F outside, it reaches 100F in the back of a hot delivery truck, so I always keep that in mind for my perishables purchases). If ordering in summer, it's best to always use next day delivery. I recommend buying them now in the middle of winter but be advised, very small bag and they don't last: these are high sugar content, meaning highly addictive since they're delicious so it's very hard to eat just 2. Thankfully they have lots of nutrients but they're also very fattening. Otherwise the taste is excellent. The bag is very compact so they are bunched together but they detach without problems.

Best to date :)

Posted by Reviewer1523817 on Jul 13, 2012

The best date I've had. They have a special luxurious taste, splendid! As far as I'm aware, this is my first medjool date, so I can't compare though. Update: Did compare to some local store bought medjool's. The local ones where not as good, kind of daft compared to these.

Incredibly moist and tasty!

Posted by Reviewer2869189 on May 16, 2013

Best dates I've ever had. So good, nearly addictive.

Heavenly Dates

Posted by Reviewer2054091 on Sep 08, 2013

I thought the price on this package was pretty high. Until I tasted them. If you love dates as I do, you won't mind the extra cost. They're that good.

good product

Posted by 4688269165018710717 on Dec 11, 2013

Delicous

Mmm dates!!

Posted by biringt on Jul 02, 2013

Incredible good taste and texture!

Great for smoothie

Posted by 4953722487581156473 on Aug 11, 2013

Sweet, flavourful and great when blended into smoothie

Yum!

Posted by Reviewer2467468 on Jun 21, 2012

Big and sweet! An occasional treat after dinner.

Great quality and prompt service

Posted by 4763104751854579472 on Oct 08, 2012

Great quality and prompt service

Great!

Posted by Reviewer2870800 on Nov 30, 2012

Have been enjoying these dates with raisins, nutiva coconut oil and coconut flakes in my oatmeal! pricey but recommended!!

« Previous | 1 2 3 | Next »