Do NOT take on an empty stomach.

Posted by guerillamedicine on Sep 06, 2011

I took this iron and then forgot to eat. I was in a world of horrible nausea for several hours. When I take it with food, it is fine. I can't comment whether or not it is constipating, and I haven't been taking it long enough to know its effect on my iron levels.

Easy on your stomach

Posted by Reviewer2636728 on Dec 27, 2011

I have problems with iron absorbment and usually also get my stomach stuck or at least in pain with iron supplements. Until this one the only iron supplement I've been able to use has been Salus Floravital and Floradix. They just come expensive very soon if longer usage is needed and their iron concentration is quite low. So I've been happy to find Bluebonnet's chelated iron which doesn't give me stomach problems at all and concentration is higher and hopefully it does absorb too!

Works but not for me

Posted by MusettaRose on Sep 05, 2013

I took this because the reviews said it is easy on the stomach, but I started taking 2 a day and have constipation. I wanted to take more but I don't dare. Not sure why I am the exception but I just can't take this. I'm going to take floradix (spelling?) It's just it's liquid which is a bit of a pain, but doesn't cause the stomach problems

Bluebonnet Nutrition, Chelated Iron,