Quality product but don't ignore the BUFFERED qualifier!

Posted by Reviewer2961002 on Feb 02, 2012

I've been buying the 180-cap version of this from iHerb for quite awhile now. It's definitely a quality product, but understand that "buffered" means that it's not 100% chelated magnesium. Instead, the chelated magnesium glycinate is mixed with an unspecified amount of simple magnesium oxide. That probably explains how they're able to fit a full 200mg in a capsule of this size. Doctor's Best High Absorption Magnesium Glycinate advertises "NOT buffered," but the disadvantages for that one are that it's tablets instead of gelcaps, and that it contains Bioperine (black pepper extract) which I'm wary of.

Great Magnesium

Posted by Reviewer2494963 on Jun 08, 2011

One before bedtime and I relax wonderfully. Another great product from Bluebonnet. Keeps my blood pressure down also.

Very nice quality product

Posted by Reviewer1460673 on Apr 01, 2009

I've had a hard time finding chelated magnesium in capsule form and also one that doesn't have a lot of extra other ingredients. I'm very pleased with this product.

I like it!

Posted by Reviewer2033686 on Dec 19, 2012

I was taking the unflavored Natural Calm magnesium citrate for a couple of months, but stopped because I didn't like it. It is too acidic for me. I did some research and found that one of the best forms of magnesium to take is chelated magnesium glycinate. I've had success using the BlueBonnet brand and appreciate that their products are packaged in glass bottles and not plastic containers. The only thing I dislike is each capsule only contains 200 mg. I take 2-3 capsules a day. This is a fantastic supplement to raise your magnesium level.

Not for some people with sensitive stomachs.

Posted by Reviewer2787303 on Aug 28, 2010

I liked that this magnesium seemed to help my sleep, but it made my acid reflux worse. It's probably fine for most people.

No difference

Posted by Reviewer1559362 on Nov 15, 2011

This magnesium glycinate made no difference to pain. Five active with magnesium glycerinate and malic acid really helped. I thought this would be similar but it isn't at all. Will go back to fibroactive.

Love these

Posted by Reviewer2297288 on Oct 05, 2009

great price, easy to take. Will be ordering more soon!

good magnesium, and was shipped promtley

Posted by Reviewer2227551 on Sep 21, 2011

I find after using many other types of magnesium, that Bluebonnet works best for me.

Great!

Posted by FlyingDutchman on Jan 19, 2011

Amino chelated magnesium in veggie-caps is not easy to find. The capsules are quite big but easier to swallow than tablets of equal strength, which tend to be even bigger. Also, there's much less unwanted 'other ingredients' in them.

good stuff

Posted by Reviewer1728726 on Jul 01, 2011

My chiropractor recommended magnesium for Achilles tendon problem. This doesn't make your bowels loose. I really like it.