• Customer Ratings

Amazing bean soup mix.

Posted by Leione on Apr 24, 2014

Very delicious and nutritious. In addition to being gluten free and suitable for people with celiac disease and gluten intolerance, this bean soup mix of navy beans, black beans, red beans, pinto beans, baby lima beans, large lima beans, garbanzo beans, great northern beans, kidney beans, black-eyed peas, yellow split peas, green split peas and lentils is a great source of vegetable protein, dietary fiber, folic acid (vitamin B9), thiamin (vitamin B1), vitamin B6, riboflavin (vitamin B2), niacin (vitamin B3), pantothenic acid (vitamin B5), manganese, phosphorus, iron, magnesium, potas sium, copper, calcium, zinc, selenium, phytosterols, antioxidants and flavonoids, and is beneficial for people suffering from diabetes, hypertension, high cholesterol, obesity, heart disease, gastritis, acid reflux, nausea, indigestion, osteoporosis, arthritis, rheumatism and even cancer: it helps stabilize blood sugar and regulate insulin levels, prevents blood spikes keeping you full longer, aids digestion, prevents heartburn and acid reflux, increases appetite, soothes the stomach lining, reduces colon inflammation, normalizes blood pressure, lowers triglycerides and LDL or "bad" cholesterol levels while increasing HDL or "good" cholesterol, protects against strokes, atherosclerosis and peripheral arterial disease, helps maintain healthy bones and teeth, and even reduces the risk of cancer. I love this bean soup mix: not only is it delicious and great in different soup recipes, but also it helps normalize my cholesterol levels and blood pressure. Wonderful product. Highly recommended.

Some people like it, and I used to.

Posted by GODisLife on Jan 14, 2013

I've eaten a lot of these. If you like the mixture, it is very good. I eventually discovered that Lima beans used to be a restricted product in the USA, because green Lima beans contain a natural poison, which supposedly is not a factor in mature dry Lima beans. I found certain other foods that contain poisons in small amounts, such as apple seeds and almonds, when they are digested in our small intestines. It can cause ataxia, and other serious health problems. Thus I avoid Lima beans, now, maybe you don't need to. And, I no longer buy this product.

GREAT BEANS!

Posted by Reviewer1815378 on Apr 23, 2008

NORMALLY I DONT LIKE BEANS BUT EVERY TIME I MAKE THESE I JUST LOVE THEM. THEY ARE A GODO QUALITY OF BEANS. I JUST USE GARLIC AND LET THEM SIMMER IN THE CROCK POT AND THEY COME OUT GREAT. I GET LOTS OF COMPLEMENTS FROM MY HUSBAND WHEN I MAKE THESE.

Perfect for soup or chili!!!

Posted by 5536595171908109527 on Feb 21, 2015

I love this mix. It gives you a little variety of everything! Make sure to soak for 24 hours before

Bob's Red Mill 13 bean Soup Mix

Posted by 5107658817233637379 on Apr 08, 2015

This is the best bean soup I have ever made. I just soak them overnight and the next morning bring it to boil. Add some Himalayan salt and leave it in my thermos pot. It just taste delicious and good. Healthy meal in the morning or any time or even supper.

i love this bean mix

Posted by Reviewer1382187 on Apr 11, 2015

Bab's Red Mill produce fantastic products.

Good quality legume soup mix

Posted by Veronika-and-Tobias on Jan 14, 2014

As always great quality from Bob's Red Mill - I buy a lot of their products, and they are always fresh, delicious and first-rate. Legumes are very good for one's health, and since this is a really delicious mix and easy to prepare, it's very recommended. A note - I didn't presoak it overnight, I just rinsed and let it sit in water while I prepared the rest of the soup ingredients, then rinsed again and added, and it cooked up fine all the same.

Make sure to soak!

Posted by 4636022860649809605 on Jan 28, 2014

Unlike my other Bob's favorite, you MUST soak these. Either overnight or in the morning before work. The blend is truly wonderful. I would never have that many different kind of beans in my pantry at any given time in my life. Worth every penny, if just for the health benefits of each bean. Super fiber and protein count. It tastes like what you make it. I added a dry tomato soup pack mix in and a little too much chill powder. It was delicious and it's so versatile I can't wait to make it again.

Love these!

Posted by LovelyHoney on Jan 31, 2014

This is the best soup mix ever, plus they look so nice in a plate! Little tip to reduce cooking time - first, soak them during the night. Tomorrow put them in water to boil for the first time, then throw the "first water" (that way you will also get rid of that bean foam on surface of the water). After that bring them to boil for the second time and let them cook for 1 hour. Thats it!

Bean soup mix