Bob's Red Mill, Organic Steel Cut Oats, 24 oz (680 g)

Delicious - Not your Average Oatmeal

Posted by Reviewer3071392 From New Jersey on Jun 01, 2010

Although, these steel cut oats take a while to cook, its totally worth the wait. It has a nutty flavor, I put dried fruits such as Apricots, dates, currants and a bit of brown sugar and for those who like a savory flavor use a pat of salted butter and your good to go.

Great oatmeal

Posted by Reviewer2408317 From Illinois on Sep 05, 2010

I cooked this in our slow cooker set to "warm" with a ratio of 1 cup steel cut oats to 3 1/2 cups of water. The oatmeal cooked to a creamy consistency after 6 1/2 hours and yielded enough oatmeal to last me for 1 week. I keep the cooked oatmeal in a glass storage container in the refrigerator. In the morning I use about a 1/2 cup of oatmeal with a tiny amount of milk, 1/2 a banana and a small handful of walnuts and warm it all in the microwave for about 50 seconds. The result is a wonderful chewy yet tender breakfast that keeps me full until lunch. On mornings when I want to "drink" my breakfast, I use a 1/4 cup of the cooked oatmeal and combine it with 8 oz of chocolate soy milk and a frozen banana in the blender. This makes a great breakfast or just anytime snack. I will definitely repurchase.

Steel cut oats

Posted by Reviewer2421696 on Sep 10, 2010

Just fine

ORGANIC STEEL CUT OATS

Posted by Reviewer1640392 From Tennessee on Mar 20, 2009

Bob's Red Mill organic whole grain steel cut oats is a wonderful, delicious, and filling organic cereal that is easy to make. Also, there are not enough words to describe the EXCELLENT SERVICE and PRICE that Iherb has provided for this product. Plus the convenience of having it delivered right to my front door especially with todays economy. I highly recommend buying this through Iherb.

TRY THEM, YOU WILL LOVE THEM

Posted by Reviewer1478936 From Florida on Apr 23, 2009

I have tried the two famous brands of steel cut oats -Scottish and Pinhead - These oats, from Bob's Red Mill are every bit(e) as good, if not better, and the price is much easier on my budget. Mr. Bob has a new, satisfied customer !