different but grows on you

Posted by 4695540980160318005 on Mar 05, 2013

This would not be my favorite flour, but the taste does grow on you. I like the health benefits of the flour and am willing to eat something that's not my favorite to get good nutrients. I made the amaranth carrot cookie recipe that's on the package. I called them super cookies. My boys liked them better if I spread a little PB or Nutella on them. I will need to try a recipe that uses a mix of GF flour rather than one that is all amaranth. I think that would suit me better.

Great flour

Posted by 4978545617610769518 on Jan 14, 2013

I use this to bake cakes and biscuits. It is very nice flour and has a lovely taste. I have bought four box's now and will continue to purchase this flour.

Okay

Posted by 94Tina on Jan 14, 2013

Compared to garbanzo bean flour, this one is quite good in taste. I haven't used it for too long yet, but so far, so good.

Good flour to nogluten cook

Posted by Reviewer2657851 on Aug 29, 2012

I like it.

Posted by opheart on Jul 27, 2012

I use it in vegetable cream soups, sauces. It has a definite veggetable flavour, so I don't use it in sweet cookies.

I love the taste

Posted by Reviewer1640578 on Feb 01, 2012

I loved the taste of this flour from the first bite of a bread I baked! I generally like dark bread.

Good

Posted by tinatherese on Jan 24, 2012

Nice flavour

Excellent Product

Posted by Reviewer2242293 on Aug 09, 2011

I have been searching for ages for a good substitute for white flour, and I think I have finally found the answer with Bob's Red Mill Organic Whole Grain Amaranth Flour. This is great news, for both my husband and I are diabetics, and it's not just sugar that causes glucose levels to increase. I have had lots of fun redoing old recipes for cakes and cookies that otherwise would call for white flour - there is no discernible difference in taste, although one has to be careful in how much one uses as I did have to recalculate some measurements as Amaranth flour has a denser consistency than regular. However, our sweet tooth can be happily satisfied without the fear of paying the price with our sugar levels!

Very nutritious

Posted by Sabine on Jul 12, 2011

Good value for money. I use it in baking. Gives more nutrients to whatever I make.

Amaranth flour

Posted by juliaheis on May 16, 2011

This whole grain organic amaranth flour seems to be of very good quality. I personally love the hearty, slightly nutty flavor.

« Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next »