Get a grip on thyroid problems!

Posted by Reviewer2574483 on Mar 26, 2009

This was the first book I read after by 10 year olds diagnosis of hypothyroidism and has been a great resource since then, knowledge truly is power.

Liviing well with hypothyroidism

Posted by Reviewer1286904 on Mar 03, 2009

Information in book is going to be life changing. I am digesting the vast information and making a list of questions to research as I go. I have lived with hypothyroidism for decades and it is refreshing to finally have some answers in one place with a road map of where to go from here.

Living Well with Hypothyroidism, Paper-Back Book

Posted by Reviewer2458985 on Jan 23, 2009

Well organized, informative book. It includes information on both alternative and more traditional treatment options. I still feel like I am working my way through a maze in trying to deal with hypothyroidism, but the book is one tool to help gather information.

Posted by Reviewer2407428 on Nov 27, 2008

Excellent Book! Anyone who is clueless about thyroid issues should read this book. It is not meant to diagnose medical problems, but it will educate you so you can ask your doctor the right questions--it does help to study up on this problem before going to the doctor. I was astounded at the amount of information I received in this book for an extremely reasonable price.

Posted by Reviewer1496383 on Nov 12, 2008

I am Hypothyroid. I had my thyroid removed in September,2005. I was told that I would always be Hypothyroid. But the Doctors did not tell me all the other things that went with it. I was losing weight until I went from taking 200mg of levothyroxin to 125mg a day except Sunday I had to take 1/2 a pill. I got where I was feeling tired all the time and did not want to do anything. I purchased 1500mg of B12 and 100mg B6 and I take that twice a day and I started taking a whole pill again on Sunday. I am having more energy but I have not been able to lose weight this year. This book is letting me know some things that I can do to help. Thanks to Mary Shomon for writing the book. I have not completed reading the book but what I have read is great. I thought some of my problems was just growing old.

free book

Posted by Reviewer1695400 on Oct 19, 2008

for a freebie its brilliant. Takes me a little effort to grasp stuff but thats because I have M.E. as well, the books well written and informative, and excellent freebie

Living Well with Hpyothyroidism

Posted by Reviewer3022167 on Sep 15, 2008

***** This is super book and I have learned a lot about hypothyroidism. The book has given me courage to stand up and be my personal advocate. I am having difficulty losing weight and have found that I probably need a medication adjustment. My doctor is using the old test result norm for TSH. I plan to discuss this issue with her. Mary, Thanks so much for this wonderful book!!

Anna

Posted by Reviewer2397032 on Sep 08, 2008

This book helped me understand the changes I can expect in the future as I head back to being "well" again.

Every thyroid patient should read this!

Posted by Reviewer1589784 on Aug 28, 2008

It would be great if every thyroid patient could hear the information in this book from their doctor. Unfortunately, the vast majority of physicians don't even recognize thyroid disorders in the patients they are supposed to help. And, if they do, they are unwilling or unable to provide the type of care that will help their patients to live a full life. This book gives patients the information their doctors can't or won't provide. Anyone suffering from thyroid disorders needs to read this book.

Posted by Reviewer1063188 on Aug 12, 2008

I have not had the opportunity to read the book from cover to cover yet, but what I have read just skimming through to sections of interest to me, I have learned alot already and the author is describing me in this book. My daughter was born in 1971 without a thyroid and has been on thyroid since she was 6 weeks old when they realized what the problem was. They told me it was hereditary, but at the time we did not know of anyone in the family that had thyroid problems. When I was in my early 40's I then developed a low thyroid, and a month ago my son was diagnosed with thyroid cancer. My daughter and I have always struggled with our weight, and I am hoping with your book we can resolve some of our health issues and weight problems. So far I have found your book to be very educational, when I read the section about phen-phen and serotonin, I thought here we are again, when taking phen-phen it was the only time in both of our lives that we had been able to lose weight without a struggle or starving ourselves. I cried when they took phen-phen off the market because it was the only drug that had ever helped me and my daughter to lose weight. I wish they had only given it to people like me with low thyroid problems, and maybe it would still be on the market. I believe this book is going to help my daughter and I to get back on the right track and hopefully to live a healthier life. Please tell the author "Thank You" for finally giving us hope again.