Gifts Best Sellers Specials New Products Product Trials Conditions A-Z

Books, The Gluten-Free Almond Flour Cookbook, 136 Page Paper-Back Book (Discontinued Item)

« Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next »

Wonderful Recipes!

Posted by AnnaLL on Apr 25, 2013

Wonderful Recipes! I was a great help to have when I started out using almond flour :) Be sure to buy almond flour and not almond meal with this book. And measuring cups (they sell some on iherb) if you live in europe, it's SO much easier than converting every single recipe!!!

Very nice

Posted by holahola on Feb 09, 2011

Very inspiring book! But I miss more pictures, its not that fun with a book with almost no pitures.

OK

Posted by HeidiT on Mar 11, 2011

I like the variety of recipes in this book, but was a little annoyed to find that the author doesn't use sugar but other substitutes like agave. (I usually replace it with regular syrup or sugar with a bit of water.) I also use my own home-ground unblanched almonds instead of almond flour.

Tried the Cupcakes

Posted by Reviewer1597829 on May 14, 2010

I got this cookbook from iHerb at a great price and shipped quickly! The cookbook is small but has a lot of recipes that look really good. I decided to try the cupcakes. Messed it up a little, I forgot to put the wet ingredients into the egg yolk before adding the whipped egg white. But even adding it afterward and gently folding it in worked ok. I also did not follow the directions exactly. I whipped up the egg white first because I know you don't want any fat from the egg yolks in them or they won't whip up good. So I did the egg whites, then the egg yolk and added the rest of the ingredients. I also used olive oil instead of the grapeseed oil. It says it makes 10 cupcakes but mine made 12 good size ones. As an afterthought, I sprinkled on a few chocolate chips before they baked. Supposed to be 20 to 30 minutes baking time but mine seemed to be browning too quickly. I took them out at 15 minutes and tested one. It needed to go back in so I turned down the heat from 350 to 325 and left them five more minutes. Turned out great! Very tasty! I had two and so did my mother. I looked up the calories by ingredient and the amounts in the recipe. 216 calories each, almond flour is 145 calories per 1/4 cup. The agave is 480 calories for the recipe. The almond flour has mostly healthy fat, protein and fiber. I'm going to look for a recipe using stevia for the sweetener. The cookbook has recipes that aren't considered deserts, like salmon burgers and turkey burgers. Due to the expense of the ingredients, I wouldn't bake like this all the time but once in a while for a treat I think it's fine. I recommend the cookbook and I highly recommend getting it from iHerb!

Lots of great recipes.

Posted by Reviewer2193674 on Apr 19, 2010

This has a lot of really good recipes. My son is celiac and my husband and daughter are low carb. Almond flour is great for both.

« Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next »