10% Off Orders Over $40!

Books, The Gluten-Free Almond Flour Cookbook, 136 Page Paper-Back Book (Discontinued Item)

Reviews 5-star

« Previous | 1 2 3 | Next »

Tried the Cupcakes

Posted by Reviewer1597829 on May 14, 2010

I got this cookbook from iHerb at a great price and shipped quickly! The cookbook is small but has a lot of recipes that look really good. I decided to try the cupcakes. Messed it up a little, I forgot to put the wet ingredients into the egg yolk before adding the whipped egg white. But even adding it afterward and gently folding it in worked ok. I also did not follow the directions exactly. I whipped up the egg white first because I know you don't want any fat from the egg yolks in them or they won't whip up good. So I did the egg whites, then the egg yolk and added the rest of the ingredients. I also used olive oil instead of the grapeseed oil. It says it makes 10 cupcakes but mine made 12 good size ones. As an afterthought, I sprinkled on a few chocolate chips before they baked. Supposed to be 20 to 30 minutes baking time but mine seemed to be browning too quickly. I took them out at 15 minutes and tested one. It needed to go back in so I turned down the heat from 350 to 325 and left them five more minutes. Turned out great! Very tasty! I had two and so did my mother. I looked up the calories by ingredient and the amounts in the recipe. 216 calories each, almond flour is 145 calories per 1/4 cup. The agave is 480 calories for the recipe. The almond flour has mostly healthy fat, protein and fiber. I'm going to look for a recipe using stevia for the sweetener. The cookbook has recipes that aren't considered deserts, like salmon burgers and turkey burgers. Due to the expense of the ingredients, I wouldn't bake like this all the time but once in a while for a treat I think it's fine. I recommend the cookbook and I highly recommend getting it from iHerb!

Almond Flour Cookbook

Posted by Reviewer1886499 on Oct 02, 2010

very excited about this book

Book

Posted by Reviewer2120882 on Mar 16, 2010

It took me a while to get all the right ingredients. I've only tried one recipe so far. There's lots of interesting recipes I want to try.

Lots of great recipes.

Posted by Reviewer2193674 on Apr 19, 2010

This has a lot of really good recipes. My son is celiac and my husband and daughter are low carb. Almond flour is great for both.

Love the cookbook

Posted by Reviewer2274712 on Apr 21, 2011

Great cookbook w/easy to follow recipes. Excellent service as well, rec'd quickly.

« Previous | 1 2 3 | Next »