fresh tasting, nice olive oil

Posted by Reviewer2825897 on Sep 14, 2011

Really like this mild, fresh tasting olive oil--and decent price as well. Since learning about the olive oil scandals with most big name brand imported olive oils (heavily diluted with cheap oils like soy and canola), I only buy American olive oils.

Best taste for the price

Posted by Reviewer2502980 on Nov 10, 2011

This is the second-best tasting olive oil that I've experienced. It's better than any I have ever purchased, except for one from the same company at a higher price. The first person I let sample this said, "wow, it tastes just like olives." I never believed that olive oil could be this flavorful and will never again be satisfied with 'normal' store-bought olive oils.

Oh Popeye!!

Posted by Reviewer2664335 on Dec 28, 2011

I think I've found the holy grail of fresh pressed within hours of the picking, poured into dark glass bottles and dated accordingly olive oil for my everyday use. And boy do I use it! Great taste, you can feel the slow burn of the antiinflamitory properties awakening your tongue. It puts the supermarket stuff to shame. Good price too.

Best olive oil on the market

Posted by Jarousek on Jul 08, 2012

I buy only California extra virgin olive oil in dark, glass bottle, so it is guaranteed fresh and not rancid like most of the Italian olive oils. This is my repeated purchase and plan on buying more in the future.

Good olive oil - and made right here in the US

Posted by Reviewer1084023 on Jul 23, 2012

This is my first California olive oil, and I'm impressed. After reading about the fake olive oil scandal (see New York Times), I wanted to give US olive oil a try. I'm glad I did. The taste is smooth and not too peppery. Much better than the cheap grocery store brands. I like to dip my bread in it or use it to cook garlic. Or just drink it out of the bottle. Plus, I can afford it. Two thumbs up.

Very green and tasty

Posted by LantauMama on Jun 10, 2013

This olive oil is a lovely green color and has a great flavor. I lived in Turkey for a year, and loved the fresh olive oils, although this was almost 20 years ago, I still miss that taste... This is as close as I have found with a readily available easy to purchase commercial product.

Expiration date

Posted by 5499861831995521642 on May 30, 2014

The product is good for the price. I know because I have use the product before from the off line shop. However, the one I received from Iherb was not good. The oil smelled old. It could be due to long hours of shipping under the sun, or the expiration date. The product,s expiration date is 10/2015. That means it is harvested 2012. I rather go to the whole food and buy the products that is fresh harvested within a year.

Good!

Posted by 5540738916401582003 on Jul 07, 2014

Tastes great, price is also reasonable. Will repurchase when I'm done with this bottle.

California Ranch EVOO

Posted by 4711907139721478758 on Jul 12, 2014

Great

Good oil

Posted by 5506287803114126210 on Jan 07, 2014

The label of this oil always gives me a chuckle. "For everyday dining," it says. I'm not a gourmet and probably couldn't afford the next level if I were. My reason for buying this product, or any of the other oils from small organic producers, is that I have at least some hope that the oil actually came from an olive tree instead of a canola or cottonseed tree, if you know what I mean. Counterfeiting olive oil is apparently a growth industry and in addition to the fact that you're not getting what you paid for I suspect the procedures undergone by the canola or whatever oil to give it that olive-y taste might actually be harmful to your health.