Beware! Contains Tartazine

Posted by Cyberoo on Oct 18, 2013

I bought this thinking it was organic, I didn't realise iHerb sold some questionable products like this one. I love glycerine hand creams, however they are hard to source. My favourite one is Herbacin from Germany but it isn't sold on iHerb. Anyway I invested in this huge tub and enjoyed using it until I started to get serious sinus issues, which included the most excruciating sinus headaches ever, for which no painkiller could help. I don't buy processed foods and only use natural soaps & cosmetics. I started checking all my products and discovered these ingredients in the Camille Beckman Glycerine Hand Therapy: FD&C yellow No.5 (Cl 19140), FD&C Yellow #6 (Cl 15985). Yellow No. 5 is Tartrazine. I stopped using this product and the sinus issues resolved. After 2 months I started using it again as I thought how can a tiny amount of Tartrazine be a problem? After about 2 weeks the sinus problems came roaring back. That was enough for me, the CBGHT went straight to the bin and my sinuses are fine now. I feel so ripped off with this product, not only expensive but toxic.