Great for anxiety and insomnia

Posted by StankaK on Apr 14, 2013

I am really surprise how effective is Magnesium Taurate. In our country we can buy only product with the name "Magnesium" on it... But it is not specify which kind of magnesium (citrate, malate, taurate...) Som I had no clue which kind of magnesium did I take. As an anxiety surferer I used to take our slovak brands and sometimes it was better, sometimes worse, but never something great. I order Magnesium Taurate also because I read many informations about how taurine is good for cardiovascular issues - and as an overweight smoker and coffee drinker with hypertensia, I am also bit worry about health of my heart. I take Magnesium Taurate every night before going to bed and except it lower my blood presure, it makes me calm ant it works like a sleeping pill - I fall asleep in 10 minutes and sleep all night with calm deep sleep. I am really impressing how "ordinary" magnesium can make such a difference (sorry for my english, but i hope you can understand :o)

Best Magnesium Supplement.

Posted by filipthedog on Jul 07, 2012

This is one of the most important minerals for the health of every body organ. Over 65% of Americans do not consume the recommended levels of magnesium. They may suffer from muscle spasms, charlie horses, restless legs, fatigue, or depression as a result. People suffering from magnesium deficiencies would do well to improve their magnesium status as quickly as possible. A highly-absorbed for of magnesium such as magnesium taurate is your quickest path to improving your magnesium levels. Chelated magnesium supplements such as magnesium taurate are the most highly bio-available forms of magnesium available. I have been taking this form of magnesium for the past year and I love it. This form has the least unpleasant side effects. The direction says take one capsule twice daily. I take two caps at once before bedtime. I am much more relaxed person with barely any anxiety and I sleep wonderfully through the night, every night. It's better than prescripton drug for anxiety. I will always take this. I would highly recommend this supplement.

Lowered blood pressure

Posted by hotncode on Jun 05, 2012

An anxiety sufferer, my studies suggested magnesium as a possible aid. Studies show most of us are deficient in this mineral. Chelation may be the best way to make magnesium absorbable. CR really seems to be on to a good idea in chelating magnesium to another calming amino acid, taurine. My MD noted my blood pressure was normal where it was typically high. I asked why he thought it had dropped. He said "it's the magnesium". It really surprised me that an allopathic doctor would make that connection. I thought I'd only hear such from a Naturopath. I suggested to my father-in-law that he ask his doctor if he could wean off of blood pressure medicine and give magnesium a chance. He was unwilling. Imagine, giving your body something it actually needs instead of a drug.

Makes me too tired

Posted by 4804626359688305699 on Feb 19, 2013

This product with taurate makes me wayyyy to tired. Its like i get sedated. I think ill stick to other magnesium types. I also noticed that taurate made me more depressed. I found an article that said that people who have problems with depression should stay away from taurate. Dunno if this is proved, but i can only tell what i felt.

The best magnesium product there is, because ...

Posted by acumen on Aug 19, 2013

... the _citrate_ version might be a little too much for your stomach, I know many who get a diarrhea from that - and for them this magnesium _taurate_ version suits better, which unfortunately costs much more (and there is only one reasonable product of that kind here on iHerb, this one). The basic magnesium oxide version is the best for your stomach and wallet, but unfortunately otherwise (nutrition-wise and absorb-wise) the worst of these three - magnesium taurate is actually the best of these three in this sense as well. PS. Be sure to check my profile page for +180 reviews on iHerb products.

Helpful magnesium

Posted by Viviann on Aug 05, 2013

Magnesium Taurate from Cardiovascular Ressearch helps me fall asleep. I take one capsule with my evening meal. If I forget to take it I am reminded as I lie awake in the bed till I get up and swallow the magnesium capsule. It is also necessary for bowel movement and it keeps my feet warm. Other magnesium brands I have tried only makes me drowsy.

Taking for arrhythmia and heart failure

Posted by Reviewer1999801 on Oct 05, 2011

Taurine definitely helped with both arrhythmia and heart failure symptoms.

Cardiovascular Research Ltd. Magnesium Taurate

Posted by Reviewer2816698 on Sep 21, 2010

Very easy to take and does a good job of preventing headache

Helps with anxiety

Posted by Reviewer2575097 on Feb 02, 2011

I had heard that Magnesium was good for anxiety and made you sleepy. It didn't make me sleepy but it helped quite a bit with anxiety. I had to go in for a hospital appointment the other day, and for the first time in quite a few years, my heart wasn't beating really fast with the anticipation of seeing the doctor, and I also wasn't as nervous when I was speaking to the doctor. It just felt like the normal nerves that most people would usually get when going to see a doctor, so for me this was really helpful. Be careful of taking too many - because it didn't make me sleepy, I thought it wasn't working so I worked my way up to 9 tablets a day, which I think may have caused heart palpitations (this is known as a side-effect of too much magnesium, and ironically too little magnesium as well) and I also got diarrhea. I have brought the dosage down to 6 a day which seems to work ok for the moment, hopefully I can bring down the dosage as my body's magnesium levels get higher.

Has 405 mg. of taurine per capsule - A good amount

Posted by Reviewer3343479 on Aug 20, 2012

I called them to ask about the amount of taurine per cap. It has 405 mg. of taurine per capsule - A good amount. If you took three caps per day, you'd get 1.2 grams of taurine, which is enough to relax you a bit. I like it! It seems to be a bit better for stomach if taken with food.

« Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next »