Caribbean Solutions, Beach Colours, Natural Self Tanner, 6 oz

Reviews 1-star

Posted by Kreachgirl on Jun 29, 2014

Su olor es horrible, pensaba que olería a coco o monohi tiaré, pero no, huele como a flores muy fuerte, deja la piel blanca y te toca estar un buen rato hasta que por fin se absorbe y luego tu piel no luce un color bonito, eso si, a las horas poco a poco tu piel va luciendo un tono más bronceado, no la volveré a comprar por su olor y porque estoy mucho rato aplicandomela.

it works but....

Posted by 4845724747369846748 on Jul 14, 2014

THE PROBLEM IS WHEN THE PRODUCT GET AWAY IT S NOT REALLY PRETTY AND yellow marks can stay. DISAPPOINTED THE SMELL IS ALSO DISAPPOINTED

Why did I believe the ratings?!

Posted by shirstan on Aug 01, 2014

I'm VERY pale, my legs are extremely white and while we do have a summer most of the year here, I never seem to manage to get a tan, I only get burnt, so I tried to give the self tan a go. I looked carefully at the ratings before ordering and this is the first one I tried. It only took one application for me to know I WON'T be ordering it again. Yes, the result is quick and quite impressive (the tone is a lot darker but not weird looking) but there's DEFINITELY an orange hue and it's even worse when you step out in the sun. I didn't detect a tropical smell at all while using the cream, and what's worse is that the day after it got a horrible smell which I know realize will be sticking around for awhile. Also the color is uneven but I blame this one on me as I don't use these things so I don't know how to do it (used gloves, by the way). Bottom line - don't let the positive reviews blind you, if your skin tends to get an orange hue while using a self tanner - it'll most likely happen with this one as well.

HORRIBLE

Posted by Reviewer2169605 on Aug 02, 2014

I used this once. It is so thick it's like the old Noxema cold cream from a zillion years ago. I had to rub A LOT to get the white residue to soak in. After applying my skin felt completely coated like it couldn't breath, so although I had just taken a shower before applying, I had to take another shower immediately to wash it off. I didn't use body wash the second time because I didn't want to dry my skin, so just shower water, rubbed all over with my hand, and then rubbed with a rough towel. This is stuff was so thick that I still woke up with that minging DHA smell the next day, which usually dissipates really quickly in my experience (I have tried lots of tanner over the years with varying results). I still even got a light tanning effect the next day which shows just how thick it is. Two things I totally disagree with that other reviewers said: mix it with water- you can't it's just too greasy, so ti would take even longer to soak in, and, it has absolutely no fragrance (I have a very sensitive nose) so don't know how anyone could say it smells good, I don't know. As I said, you only get that chemical DHA smell the next day. YUK. I was deciding between this and the Natures Gate and went for the more expensive thinking it would be better. What a waste.