Not as tan as I would like

Posted by Reviewer2250162 on Sep 15, 2011

Well, I did not expect much since this has only 6 or so ingredients, but thought I would give this a shot anyway. The color takes a full 24 hours to fully develope and it does state that on the jar. It smells wonderful....kinda tropical. It's a cream like texture, so it is difficult to rub in. It looks tinted but it's not. The final color after 24 hours is very light and only lasts for about two days. Onward and forward to search for another self tanner.

Does its job

Posted by Adelyn on Nov 23, 2014

It is a self tanner so it makes your skin produce more melanin and appear darker. I am warm toned and this tanner makes the appearance of the tan very artificial because it's too orange. My friend even asked me if I did a fake tan. Might work for cool-toned skin though. I personally would not repurchase!

don't like it

Posted by Reviewer1413752 on May 02, 2012

i like the fact it comes with all natural components but damn! it got melon smell, quite bad in my opinion, and it takes days to disappear the smell, so if you don't care about the smell, its a good product i guess, its white cream, and can be extend easily, like all of those tanners, it takes a while to absorb and needs more than 12 hours to return some color. I hate the strong melon smell, so i am not as happy as i expected to be.

HORRIBLE

Posted by Reviewer2169605 on Aug 02, 2014

I used this once. It is so thick it's like the old Noxema cold cream from a zillion years ago. I had to rub A LOT to get the white residue to soak in. After applying my skin felt completely coated like it couldn't breath, so although I had just taken a shower before applying, I had to take another shower immediately to wash it off. I didn't use body wash the second time because I didn't want to dry my skin, so just shower water, rubbed all over with my hand, and then rubbed with a rough towel. This is stuff was so thick that I still woke up with that minging DHA smell the next day, which usually dissipates really quickly in my experience (I have tried lots of tanner over the years with varying results). I still even got a light tanning effect the next day which shows just how thick it is. Two things I totally disagree with that other reviewers said: mix it with water- you can't it's just too greasy, so ti would take even longer to soak in, and, it has absolutely no fragrance (I have a very sensitive nose) so don't know how anyone could say it smells good, I don't know. As I said, you only get that chemical DHA smell the next day. YUK. I was deciding between this and the Natures Gate and went for the more expensive thinking it would be better. What a waste.

horrible smell

Posted by 4799778308979663850 on Nov 11, 2014

As others, horrible smell and not so easy to apply. Colour, however, is not so bad.

Haven't tried it yet

Posted by Reviewer3161697 on Aug 08, 2011

I still gave it five starts cause I have read such good things about it and it's hard to find a truly natural self tanner at such a reasonable price.

Natural-looking tanner

Posted by Reviewer3172334 on Feb 03, 2012

Most natural-looking tanner I've ever used and it's safe, not like the ones you buy in the stores. My teenage daughter and I use this--just apply a couple of nights and then take a few nights off.

Good product, 5 stars!

Posted by 5496788440387848890 on Nov 14, 2013

A nice product with very little smell

very good

Posted by 4666999507814010703 on Apr 15, 2015

very good self tanner! Doesn't really smell, has a thick consistence and is easy to apply to skin. Gives quite strong tan which I like. It will definitely last long as small amount is enough to cover all body. I recommend it!

my first self tanning lotion

Posted by 5466936601792287916 on Aug 03, 2016

Got enough info before I use it: Exfoliation Moisturizing the skin Thin layer of the self tanning lotion from head to toe, two times for the first two days and I m happy and now the fifth layer today. Apart from the palms turn orange like hving orange paws .. It's all good and even ( I don't really care abt my orange paws) my job does not need to hv perfect palms. But it does smell good, kinda like BBQ chips .... Make sure you are not going for a date or sweat in that four hours . Better stay at home and wash throughly. At least, that's not toxic or unhealthy ...