don't like it

Posted by Reviewer1413752 on May 02, 2012

i like the fact it comes with all natural components but damn! it got melon smell, quite bad in my opinion, and it takes days to disappear the smell, so if you don't care about the smell, its a good product i guess, its white cream, and can be extend easily, like all of those tanners, it takes a while to absorb and needs more than 12 hours to return some color. I hate the strong melon smell, so i am not as happy as i expected to be.

Does its job

Posted by Adelyn on Nov 23, 2014

It is a self tanner so it makes your skin produce more melanin and appear darker. I am warm toned and this tanner makes the appearance of the tan very artificial because it's too orange. My friend even asked me if I did a fake tan. Might work for cool-toned skin though. I personally would not repurchase!

horrible smell

Posted by 4799778308979663850 on Nov 11, 2014

As others, horrible smell and not so easy to apply. Colour, however, is not so bad.

Why did I believe the ratings?!

Posted by shirstan on Aug 01, 2014

I'm VERY pale, my legs are extremely white and while we do have a summer most of the year here, I never seem to manage to get a tan, I only get burnt, so I tried to give the self tan a go. I looked carefully at the ratings before ordering and this is the first one I tried. It only took one application for me to know I WON'T be ordering it again. Yes, the result is quick and quite impressive (the tone is a lot darker but not weird looking) but there's DEFINITELY an orange hue and it's even worse when you step out in the sun. I didn't detect a tropical smell at all while using the cream, and what's worse is that the day after it got a horrible smell which I know realize will be sticking around for awhile. Also the color is uneven but I blame this one on me as I don't use these things so I don't know how to do it (used gloves, by the way). Bottom line - don't let the positive reviews blind you, if your skin tends to get an orange hue while using a self tanner - it'll most likely happen with this one as well.

HORRIBLE

Posted by Reviewer2169605 on Aug 02, 2014

I used this once. It is so thick it's like the old Noxema cold cream from a zillion years ago. I had to rub A LOT to get the white residue to soak in. After applying my skin felt completely coated like it couldn't breath, so although I had just taken a shower before applying, I had to take another shower immediately to wash it off. I didn't use body wash the second time because I didn't want to dry my skin, so just shower water, rubbed all over with my hand, and then rubbed with a rough towel. This is stuff was so thick that I still woke up with that minging DHA smell the next day, which usually dissipates really quickly in my experience (I have tried lots of tanner over the years with varying results). I still even got a light tanning effect the next day which shows just how thick it is. Two things I totally disagree with that other reviewers said: mix it with water- you can't it's just too greasy, so ti would take even longer to soak in, and, it has absolutely no fragrance (I have a very sensitive nose) so don't know how anyone could say it smells good, I don't know. As I said, you only get that chemical DHA smell the next day. YUK. I was deciding between this and the Natures Gate and went for the more expensive thinking it would be better. What a waste.

Haven't tried it yet

Posted by Reviewer3161697 on Aug 08, 2011

I still gave it five starts cause I have read such good things about it and it's hard to find a truly natural self tanner at such a reasonable price.

Fantastic!!!!

Posted by Reviewer1299905 on Jun 24, 2011

Excellent self tanner. I have used many self tanners and this one is the greatest. Gives nice even tan. Color stays on for several days before having to do again. I've had many compliments on my tan. I will purchase again.

The Product Works!

Posted by Reviewer1325672 on Oct 03, 2011

I like the product and its texture, I wish the color be a little bit tanner/darker.

From Latvia

Posted by Reviewer2936212 on Jan 04, 2012

Smell is so godd for product like this and it is really nice, will buy again!!!

Love it!

Posted by Reviewer1501933 on Jun 23, 2012

Great product, so cheap yet so effective. Not orange at all. Really moisturising and nice fragrance - will definitely buy again! Great ingredient list.