• iHerb inventory is extremely fresh as we buy this product directly from Carlson every month. Also, because this product comes in glass bottles, we take the extra caution and measures to pack this product.
  • Reviews | English

have been using for years and am amazed.

Posted by Reviewer1602129 on Apr 03, 2008

I give to my child in his morning oj and tell him its "lemon oil" (he asked what the bubbles on top were) When I am on top of giving it to him he is not sick at all. when i forget he is definitely more susceptible to viruses. In addition I tested it out in use for my and my sons teeth (following weston price research) and was able to "cure"(harden) cavities in both of our mouthes. This was in combination with organic butter(the highest content i have access to)over the period of about 2-3 months. Will continue using!

Zero fish taste/odor - benefits apparent

Posted by Reviewer1388595 on Aug 24, 2008

I decided on cold liver oil as my main source of Omega-3 fatty acids because I wanted what my Northern European ancestors would have taken. The benefits were apparent within a week or two: the joints of mine and my family were not as creaky and aching; our overall mood was lifted slightly; and my acne was much milder.

Carlson Labs Norwegian Cod Liver Oil, Lemon

Posted by Reviewer1037717 on Mar 08, 2010

I love this oil. It is the only one my Naturopathic doctor recommends. Even my young kids have learned to take it. (Only one of them requires a chaser of orange juice.) It is mostly a texture thing as the flavor is fine. This product must be kept refrigerated, and good thing too. It does taste terrible at room temperature! it is just fine when chilled. I live in the Northeast, and have nick-named it "bottled sunshine". I avoid season affect disorder during the winter months when I take this. If I run out and skip it for a few weeks, I feel it. A few doses and I feel fine again. I really like iherb. Fast delivery and great customer service. No complaints!

This is the best I've found.

Posted by Reviewer3345862 on Dec 23, 2008

It costs a little more but, I think it is worth it. Keeps my finger nails hard and hair silky. The girls notice and that is enough for me.

I always keep this on hand

Posted by Reviewer3153988 on Feb 12, 2009

This is one health product that I'm never without. Cod liver oil is an essential health supplement especially in view of our need for vitamin D. And my eyes have definitely benefited as well. I'm convinced Carlson's is the best product and the price is right.

Very impressed!

Posted by Reviewer3114724 on Feb 12, 2009

I read the rave reviews about the taste of this and I'll admit, I was a bit skeptical. There is absolutely no fishy taste or smell and the only 'aftertaste' is lemon, similar to a lemon cough drop or lozenge. Even my kids take this product! I highly recommend it and will be repurchasing in the future. Since taking it my daughter and I have experienced less dry cracking of the skin on our hands and fingers.

Great Taste

Posted by Reviewer3130405 on Jan 28, 2011

Excellent source of Omega-3, DHA, EPA, and ALA. Does not have a fishy taste like other brands. I have been taking this for about three weeks and noticed a difference in lessening joint pain. I am certain that is will help my circulatory system. Sometimes this product is out of stock because it is bottled fresh from Norway without the use of chemicals to extract the oil from the fish livers. It is in a glass bottle, which is good. Thanks, Iherb, for a great product!

Cod Liver Oil

Posted by Reviewer1625051 on Sep 09, 2008

My nutritionist recommended this product as being the BEST, and I agree. The freshness of the oil is impressive.

Cod liver oil review

Posted by Reviewer3139563 on Oct 17, 2007

If I could have only one supplement for me and my children, this would be it. Does everything from strengthen immunes to building bones and teeth.

Mom loves the taste

Posted by Reviewer3065769 on Jun 19, 2012

Mom has bad memories of taking cod liver oil when she was a child, about 60 years ago. She says this tastes great in comparison and she specifically has me buy this brand for her.