Carlson Labs, Norwegian Cod Liver Oil, Unflavored, 16.9 fl oz (500 ml)

Reviews 2-star

John Polifronio

Posted by Reviewer1982616 on Oct 14, 2008

In this case, I was disappointed by a distinct change in the character of the oil. I had ordered this Carlson product in the past, with the "regular" flavor. I can't tell if the oil is "bad," only that it is noticeably less "sweet," and left a annoying taste and sensation in my throat, etc. When I ordered this exact same product with "regular" flavor, in the past, it was so sweet, so fresh, so delicious, that it more than justified my willingness to order it in the regular flavor. I called your offices and offered to return the bottle, in exchange for the Lemon-flavored version. I subsequently ordered the Lemon-flavored version of this product.

No Fishy Aftertaste

Posted by Reviewer2036868 on Aug 09, 2012

This cod liver oil is very mild. I was disappointed though that the Vitamin A and Vitamin D content is so low. I ended up giving this cod liver oil to my Aunt who needed some and ordered the Blue Ice fermented Cod Liver oil. http://www.westonaprice.org/cod-liver-oil/cod-liver-oil-basics

Can't get past the smell....

Posted by Reviewer1850169 on Nov 02, 2007

I'm sure this is a wonderful product in terms of potency and purity. Carlson's has a great reputation and I use many of their products. However, this regular flavor fish oil has such a harsh odor that I quit using it. I intended to use it for myself, and had also started giving my 5 month old baby a quarter tsp daily. He would sometimes spit a bit back out, or spit up later on...the smell lingered on him and his clothes even after washing and baths. It's awful. For me, the aftertaste was more than I could take, and holding my baby close was not as enjoyable having to smell the pungent fishy odor. Not to mention what other people must have thought of my baby smelling like a dead fish! I bought the lemon flavor instead, which is much better. I gave it 2 stars only because of the wonderful benefits of cod liver oil and the great reputation the Carlson's has.

Cod Liver Oil

Posted by Reviewer2204981 on Oct 11, 2011

Product less appealing without lemon flavor.Our mistake in ordering.Not again.