10% Off Orders Over $40!

Carlson Labs, Super Omega·3 Gems, Fish Oil Concentrate, 1000 mg, 100 Soft Gels + Free 30 Soft Gels

Reviews 4-star

higher potency

Posted by Reviewer1642118 on Mar 14, 2010

An article I read recently said to check your fish oil product for potency of DHA/EPA. Most contain 1000mg of fish oil, but only about 300mg DHA/EPA in 1 capsule. This Carlson formulation contains 500mg DHA/EPA in 1 capsule. It is more expensive per capsule, but now we only take 1 capsule per day instead of 2.

Excellent

Posted by Reviewer1770859 on Jan 01, 2009

I like that Super Omega-3 contains more EPA and DHA per softgel. Only reason I didn't rate it 5 is because unlike the regular Carlson's omega-3, this one is vague as to exactly which fish are included:< The reason i still use it it because this is one of just 2 or 3 brands of fish oil my cats will accept. It's not as stinky as Natural Factors and some other brands they hate, so that might have something to do with it. Anyway, their fur is just amazing, and my one cat's itchy spot is gone now.

Slight after-taste - can be avoided

Posted by Reviewer1800761 on Nov 22, 2008

I bought Carlson Labs' Super Omega Fish Oil because it was approved by ConsumerLab and has a high concentration of Omega3. The fishy after-taste is less than any other brand I have tired. I take it 30 minutes after a meal to avoid the problem altogether. I plan to reorder.

Carlson Labs, Super Omega-3 fish Oi, 1000mg

Posted by Reviewer2369491 on Dec 30, 2008

They seem to be a nice additional to my health regimen. There is no "fish" after taste and they go down easy.

Spencer

Posted by Reviewer3204361 on Jan 03, 2009

At my Dr.'s recommendation, I just started taking 5K mg daily to lower my triglycerides. I haven't had it checked since I started. No adverse side effects.