Carlson Labs, Super Omega·3 Gems, Fish Oil Concentrate, 1000 mg, 100 Soft Gels + 30 Free Soft Gels

Great for arthritis and inflammation

Posted by Reviewer2712994 From Indiana on Sep 13, 2009

I read the tremendous benefits of fish oil in Barry's Sears, The Omega Zone. Dr. Mercola recommended Carlson's before he got his own brand. I took it for the health benefits, but an unexpected bonus was that it relieves my arthritis pain and resulting muscle aches so much. iHerb has the best price by far.

very high quality

Posted by Reviewer2986186 From Alabama on Nov 16, 2009

These are easy to swallow, high quality gels. I have been taking 2 a day (one with breakfast, one with dinner) for several months to help with joint inflammation. They really are helping, and I have had no problems with smelly burps or stomach upset as others have mentioned in with fish oil. I recommend these to anyone with rheumatoid arthritis or other condition that cause painful joints and inflammation. This brand is also recommended by Dr. Mercola.

higher potency

Posted by Reviewer1642118 From Illinois on Mar 14, 2010

An article I read recently said to check your fish oil product for potency of DHA/EPA. Most contain 1000mg of fish oil, but only about 300mg DHA/EPA in 1 capsule. This Carlson formulation contains 500mg DHA/EPA in 1 capsule. It is more expensive per capsule, but now we only take 1 capsule per day instead of 2.

Slight after-taste - can be avoided

Posted by Reviewer1800761 From Florida on Nov 22, 2008

I bought Carlson Labs' Super Omega Fish Oil because it was approved by ConsumerLab and has a high concentration of Omega3. The fishy after-taste is less than any other brand I have tired. I take it 30 minutes after a meal to avoid the problem altogether. I plan to reorder.

Excellent

Posted by Reviewer1770859 From Virginia on Jan 01, 2009

I like that Super Omega-3 contains more EPA and DHA per softgel. Only reason I didn't rate it 5 is because unlike the regular Carlson's omega-3, this one is vague as to exactly which fish are included:< The reason i still use it it because this is one of just 2 or 3 brands of fish oil my cats will accept. It's not as stinky as Natural Factors and some other brands they hate, so that might have something to do with it. Anyway, their fur is just amazing, and my one cat's itchy spot is gone now.