• iHerb inventory is extremely fresh as we buy this product directly from Carlson every month. Also, because this product comes in glass bottles, we take the extra caution and measures to pack this product.
  • Customer Ratings

Good, except for new bottles/spouts

Posted by Reviewer1628931 on Mar 18, 2008

I really like this brand of fish oil; it has little to no fishy taste. The only downsides are that the oil gets cloudy once you get to the bottom of the bottle and the new tops/spouts they put on the bottle are a problem. I noticed the old bottles would have little spouts that worked great and kept the oil nice and fresh. With my most recent order, I saw they have new tops: screw-off type caps. Except... they don't seem to go back on just right, so I'm worried now about the fish oil spoiling. I even noticed one time that after tightening the cap really well, that the cap sort of just snapped open again, so I'm sure plenty of air is getting in there -- this isn't good.

New cap is a problem

Posted by Reviewer2720092 on May 07, 2009

Carlson previously had a cap that required ingenuity to open. They have redesigned it, but now the inner pouring lip comes off with the cap. I was able to wrestle them apart, but the lip was impossible to put back into the bottle. When I pour it dribbles down the side of the bottle, wasting this expensive oil and making a mess. Unless this is resolved I'll buy at a store where I can see which cap they have, or switch to another brand, although Carlson is my favorite due to quality, purity and price.

Good Stuff

Posted by Reviewer2572198 on Oct 16, 2009

I brought this at the recommendation of a friend who has ADD and who's daughter has eczema. My own 10-yr old daughter also has eczema and deals with poor memory and lack of attention. I give her 3 tsp 2x daily. Her memory and school work has improved. Not perfect, but I've seen definite improvement. I put the oil on her skin, too. Haven't seen a lot of difference yet, but I'm going to stick with it. Natural products usually take more time.

Carlson's liquid fish oil

Posted by Reviewer3210911 on Apr 27, 2008

The flavor was very good; however, I had an upset stomach all day every day that I took it. If there are any suggestions to overcome this problem, I would appreciate knowing about them because it seems to be a very good product.

Fish oil

Posted by Reviewer1633464 on Apr 21, 2010

I prefer the cod liver oil and should have bought that

Oooops

Posted by Reviewer3060686 on Aug 15, 2012

I bought this without noticing that they do not include vit. A and D3, so I won't repurchase. The oil itself tastes just fine however :)

Carlson, Fish Oil

Posted by Reviewer2485459 on Sep 07, 2008

Good tasting & easy to take. Has had laxative effect on me so, not quite sure on its effectivenesss in helping cholesterol level.

don't know, too eary to tell..

Posted by Reviewer2538542 on Aug 19, 2008

haven't been taking it long enough to give a fair assessment.