Celebration Herbals, Organic, Herbal Tea, Milk Thistle Seed, Caffeine Free, 24 Tea Bags, 2.11 oz (60 g)

Taste is mild and pleasant

Posted by PurplePegasus on Sep 30, 2013

Teas come in individual bags inside a zip-locked plastic bag. They have no string and no staple. Inside are some seeds. It's a bit hard to imagine that there's much that comes out of these hard seeds when making a tea. I have found this tea to be very mild in taste even if brewed longer. I've had excellent results from milk thistle caps to heal a fatty liver caused by acetaminophen, prescription steroids (hydrocortisone) and more recently safflower oil from mayo. I prefer this tea to the liquid extract which left the water oily and murky. Not so with this tea. I just don't know how effective it will be but my experience has been that herbal infusions (aka 'teas') having been more healing and faster remedies than anything else. Because of my liver disease, I get dangerously depleted in critical vitamins, minerals and other nutrients so I drink about 7 different teas per day, sometimes mixing them. I'm stocking up on this but because the flavor is so mild, I will continue with the caps. Perhaps the seeds need to be crushed before being bagged to release more nutrients. At any rate, I'm liking this company: this is one of the rare organic milk thistle in any form available on the market and, if you have liver disease like me, organic is critical due to being disabled by MCS.

nice

Posted by Reviewer2854041 on May 26, 2014

A pleasant tasting tea. Even nicer when you add a couple of slices of fresh ginger

liver friend

Posted by Reviewer2992616 on Feb 14, 2013

a very nice tasting good tea