Natural toothpaste

Posted by Reviewer3109710 on Apr 09, 2009

Impressive! I have tried other natural toothpaste but this product has helped so much with tightening the gums and thoroughly cleansing the teeth, Takes a bit getting use to the texture when brushing, but the results out weigh this. Will definitely continue to use this product.

Great for massaging your gums, but not for brushing

Posted by Reviewer2006180 on Aug 03, 2009

I tried using it as a toothpaste, but Dr. Christopher's books all say that he recommends massaging the power onto the gums and leave on overnight. So I stopped brushing my teeth with it, but massaging my gums seems to make my gums feel much better. I now use a herbal toothpaste made in India. After brushing, I massage gums with this power.

a little herby

Posted by Reviewer2281320 on May 15, 2008

Christopher's powder was a little dry, hard to spread around. The taste was okay (even for kids ages 2-13). Of all the tooth soaps and powders our family of eight has tried this was the least favorite for most of us (hubby liked it BEST!). My teeth and gums feel good afterwards but I notice a little brown stuck in my gums sometimes. It makes a mess on the counter and sink (not as easy for kids to rinse off). The ingredients are the best I've seen!!! We'll keep using it, rotating with the tooth soaps or Uncle Harry's tooth powder. Hubby still rotates with natural (glycerin!) toothpaste. Christopher's is a good powder if you don't like the taste of baking soda or salt.

great product

Posted by Reviewer1553677 on Jun 23, 2009

The best for tighten up the gums and polishing the teeth. I use it daily.

Great Product

Posted by Reviewer1963608 on Nov 21, 2011

I really like this product, especially for the white oak bark, which I have read is very healing for gums and teeth. It seems to whiten my teeth, unlike the periobrite toothpaste and mouthwash, which actually made them look darker in color (although seemed to be great products in other ways). It takes a little time to get used to the slightly gritty texture, but has a nice taste/aftertaste and leaves my mouth feeling very clean.

Rebuilding enamel

Posted by Reviewer3123380 on Jul 04, 2012

I purchased this product hoping that it would help me rebuild my tooth enamel. While I have not been using it long, I am indeed seeing - and feeling - a difference. Will definitely purchase this again. Thanks!

Tooth Powder

Posted by Reviewer2842299 on Aug 20, 2012

This is the second jar I have bought of this product. It takes getting used to, but my teeth do not hurt any more. I like the fact that there are no poisons in this, and my teeth feel clean and fresh. I will continue to buy this product from iHerb because it's the best price I have found.

Here's the facts:

Posted by Reviewer3046934 on Oct 29, 2011

The product is natural and the bark is said to contain a good amount of calcium, thus it remineralizes teeth. The product is dark green, and tastes much like grass, or algae. It has peppermint, but only very very lightly. If you store your toothbrush in a glass on the sink, it will be unsightly as it stains your toothbrush green. Worst problem: This green powder, as other's have said, leaves green grit in your mouth. If you try to brush and run out the door, you will invariably have green specks between your teeth as though you have just eaten PESTO. I don't rinse with water, but I do rinse my toothbrush several times and go over my teeth and tongue with the clean brush, to remove the cleaning products. However, even after doing this, I looked in the mirror and saw green grit everywhere. Also, I enjoy using coconut oil and baking soda as a homemade toothpaste. I enjoy the flat, salty taste. However, now, with the green grit mixed in, it's just nasty. Instead of using this, I will add xylitol and calcium carbonate (for remineralization) to my coconut and baking soda, and have an even better, WHITE toothpaste. Sorry I bought this.

Tooth Paste Substitute:

Posted by Reviewer1078227 on Sep 07, 2009

I have decided to stay with the powder. It leaves my mouth feeling sweet and it tingles after each use.

Christopher's Herbal Tooth and Gum Powder

Posted by Reviewer1722316 on Jan 20, 2010

I noticed a difference the first time I used the powder. My gums felt tighter and tingly. Now, two weeks later, my gums don't bleed when brushing. I love the taste and smell of the powder; very refreshing. Good find!