Country Comfort, Baby Powder, 3 oz (81 g)

Reviews 1-star

HEAVILY PERFUMED! I have MCS & this smell is overpowering, TOXIC & SYNTHETIC to me!

Posted by PurplePegasus on Jan 23, 2014

Sorry for the title caps, but I'm trying to warn others here. If like me you have severe MCS (Multiple Chemical Sensitivities aka a trivial name for life-threatening allergies to synthetic chemicals) you will want to pass on this one. I'm sorry for the 1 star review but it is that bad! I just received my huge iHerb package and as soon as I opened it, it reeked of synthetic flowery chemicals which triggered my symptoms!! Since I used to buy this item in the late 80's/early 90's, (way before my illness), I was so sure this wasn't it and I was pretty distressed trying to place it: I thought my safe laundry detergent had been stored in the warehouse next to fragranced synthetic ones but no, it's fine. I thought it was the EO spray, but no: Aura Cacia is natural and lavender is not toxic to me. Plus I sprayed it and I'm fine, no symptoms. Incredulously, I finally smelled this container: it's the noxious culprit! I can't go near it, I had to bag it so that it doesn't waft in my small home. Unfortunately, iHerb had not put this one in a plastic baggy. Mind you, the weather is very cold and this only traveled for one day! That's how toxic and overpowering this scent is that it still took over the entire package and made everything smell so terribly toxic to me! So, I'm sorry for not reviewing the powder itself but I can't; I'm not opening this at all, will return it to iHerb. I'm having bad luck finding a good non-toxic body powder. The coconut one does not trigger my MCS symptoms but I still can't take that overpowering "per-fumes" either, although that one is natural. This says "natural fragrance" but as we in the organic community know, "natural" means nothing at all and some unscrupulous companies get away with labeling toxic items as such. If you have a baby, please don't use this on him/her, even if you can! This is not safe to them and babies have a delicate system. Please do not use near pets either, too toxic and dogs and other animals have a very sensitive nose. This will only work for those who regularly use drug store brands, it's heavily perfumed. I wish I had known and saved me the hassle, but my pain is your gain: now you know this won't be safe for you either if you have MCS.

Not impressed

Posted by 5305417806478798051 on Apr 12, 2014

Bought this based on all the good reviews. Found the smell a bit funky, not comfy and baby like. I also experience a grainy feel when I apply. Not what I expected and won't repurchase.

kaolin clay haha as bad as talc속았네!

Posted by 5231513257885822456 on Jul 11, 2013

TAKE A CLOSE LOOK AT YHE INGREDIENTS OF THIS DAM POWDER. I'M GONNA THROW TWO BOTTLES OF THIS FIRST THING IN THE MORNING!IT'S NOT SAFE AT ALL. IT CONTAINS KAOLIN CLAY.JUST GOOGLE IT! 카올린흙가루에는 알루미늄도 들었다는데...탈크없다고 덜커덕 믿고샀는데 정말욕나오네 자세히 성분읽어보세요 흡힙하면 치명타인 유해물질로 마스크써랍니다 검색해보니