Not for candida sufferers or those with lyme/M.E.

Posted by Reviewer2657281 on Apr 06, 2011

I tried these tablets as an alternative to Jarrow's methyl B-12, as I'd read somewhere that this form of the vitamin absorbs less mercury from amalgams into the bloodstream. As I suffer from chronic lyme disease (also diagnosed with severe M.E) for which heavy metal poisoning is part of the problem, I thought this would be a good idea at the time. However, I did not reckon on the sorbitol they contain to be a problem. But since using them more frequently I've noticed an increase in candida symptoms (yeast infection, which I haven't had for years), which we lymies and M.E./CFS people are prone to if we ingest anything too sweet. I've since found that sorbitol, like many other sweeteners, is contraindicated for people with my condition, and precipitates the increase in lyme bacteria as well, as they love the acid environment it produces. So beware if this is you. To be fair, I did notice a slight increase in energy after taking them, and I do think the added folic acid, with which it works together, is a good thing. So it's probably a good one to take if you aren't prone to candida or have lyme disease/CFS/M.E, but I wouldn't advise you take this product if you have these conditions or have ever experienced candida/fungal flare-ups before.

The less common form of B12

Posted by Reviewer2534376 on Sep 17, 2012

I didn't know that this form was available until I spotted it here. It's also known as adenosyl-B12... which confused me for a while. It's not clear whether the methyl or hydroxyl forms of B12 are superior. It's possible that they're all similar. They're all superior to the cyano-B12 form... which is most commonly added to vitamins. One of B12's roles in the body is to remove cyanide... in which case any form except the cyano form would probably work quite well. So far my favourites are the hydroxy-B12 (very uncommon) and methyl-B12 (second most common). :-)

Not sure...

Posted by Reviewer2112903 on Oct 23, 2016

I had good results with a combination of cyanocobalamin (oral) and methylcobalamin (sublingual). I thought replacing the cyanocobalamin with dibencozide would yield even better results. But this was not the case, I felt no difference. However, this might be a good product for those who need it.

B-12

Posted by Reviewer1811886 on Sep 13, 2009

not sure what to say about this