July Special - Free International Shipping for orders over $40.00!

Country Life, Gluten Free, Chelated Magnesium, 250 mg, 180 Tablets

Reviews 2-star

Good value magnesium

Posted by Reviewer1000123 on Jul 18, 2011

Good price, and good product

you can not split the tablet

Posted by Reviewer3093056 on Oct 03, 2013

I have taken almost the whole bottle & on the lab result you see the difference with the "old" bottle chelated magnesium, you could split the tablets. I had taken a half tablet at lunch & the other part at dinner time. With this bottle I can take it only by the lunch or the dinner meal. I have to look for an other chelated magnesium you can split, it's a pity.

Formulation changed

Posted by Reviewer1113503 on Jul 03, 2014

The formulation has changed with this purchase. They now use more magnesium oxide than magnesium chelate. The oxide form is less desirable for absorption and tolerance. I believe the label to be misleading, therefore dropped my rating down from three to two stars. I won't be purchasing this brand again. I'd thought Country Life was more reputable than to pull such tricks on customers.

Too much Magnesium Oxide

Posted by 5699765198313320730 on Jul 08, 2014

There is more magnesium oxide than magnesium chelate. This is not good, as oxide is less absopted by the body. I also noticed this because I diarrhea since taking these pills. Too bad, as I was hoping to find a great new replacement for my old, too expencive, Magesnium pills for preventing my migraines.